Chapter 28: Fall for Anything

January 2017

"Happy New Year '' Lucas yelled just after he came running to his mother who was in the kitchen finishing his breakfast and the members' meal bags. Serenity scooped him up into a hug. "Happy New Year Bug!" Serenity called out. They both laughed and she set him down so he could take his plate. He went to the TV to watch Pokemon until later. They were both going to watch Bangtan on the MBC Gayo Daejejeon. Sejin came and picked up the bags and Serenity grabbed her laptop to go over New Bangtan Bomb footage and edit some BTS run episodes. Hoseok and Yoongi had messaged her while Jungkook called on his break. Serenity was finalizing the Bon Voyage season 2 travel plans. She said nothing to the members because it was a surprise. She was taking them to Hawaii in April after their US tour dates. They had talked about Hawaii during the season one first episode and Serenity took Lucas there last year. Lucas would be staying with Grandma while Serenity left for the Wings Tour and Bon Voyage season 2. She would be gone most of March and April.

After New years the members had a few weeks off. They all went home for a week then returned the second week to begin preparations for their comeback in February and the Wings Tour starting in March.

January 14th, 2017

Relapse

Serenity was with Yoona in her hotel suite getting ready. Today she will escort Bangtan to the 31st Golden Disk Awards. She looked over the dark green sequin dress that clung to her body. Her hair in crimson waves down her back. Something felt off to her like something was hanging in the air. She had felt this way since the year started and couldn't shake it. She thanked Yoona and made her way to the group's suite where they were also getting ready.

Jin saw her first and walked over to her. He placed a sweet kiss on her cheek. "You look amazing Ren", he said. Serenity smiled and walked with him as he escorted her to the sitting area. She was nervous. Past experiences have made her anxious for award shows, which is unfortunate since she had to attend the Seoul Music Awards later this month.

Once everyone was ready they headed to the arena. Serenity didn't walk with Bangtan on the red carpet. She opted to bypass it to make sure everything was ready backstage for their performances. She was checking over the outfits when she noticed a group of clothing she didn't recognize. "Yoona, what are these for?", she asked. "Those are for their special performance, they were asked to perform a cover of their choosing", she replied. Serenity nodded, she didn't know they were also performing a cover. She wondered what it was. Bangtan got ready for the introduction. Serenity wished them luck and gave a thumbs up to Exo and Got7. Then she made her way to the audience. The Show began and Serenity cheered as Bangtan won the Bonsang Award for Album of the Year.

Then came the special performance. Serenity wasn't familiar with the song, but she loved it. It was "without a heart" by 8eight. She found herself crying. When it was time for their regular performances, Bangtan decided to do a medley of their songs. Serenity loved it, they stood out from other idols with how interactive they were with the crowd. This showed once again that Bangtan Sonyeondan was not the typical idol. They won the Global K-pop artist award and Serenity was elated. Big Hit strove to be better at being interactive with fans through music, social media, and appearances. They all headed back to Gangnam-gu.

The MBC Idol Athletic Championships were a few days later. Serenity packed the group's meal bags as usual and attended with Lucas and Shawn.

A few more days and it was time for the 26th Seoul Music Awards. Serenity decided to dress differently. She wore a sleeveless pants suit. She wanted to be comfortable. Bangtan won the Bonsang, Best male dance performance, Best Music Vide, and Best Album, taking home the most awards of the night. Serenity was so proud of them.