Chapter 20: Birthday, Hug me, For You, Trips and RED Bullet hits the USA

Serenity longed for her lazy days back in America. Where she would wake up early, go horseback riding, hang out with friends, take Lucas on vacations, and just simply live her life. Those days seemed a world away now, and she hated it. She decided that she would take a vacation with Lucas and her family. Big Hit could run without her. The members had their managers and Bang Si Hyuk. Everything would be fine, she thought. 

June marked the beginning of the Bangtang Sonyeondan annual birthday celebration. It started with the opening ceremony. Taehyung and Hoseok would perform a cover of a song called Hug Me. Serenity would be there for the ceremony and the  meet and greet a few days later. Then, she would leave on a vacation with her family to Hawaii and return just before the group's actual birthday. Bang nim and Sejin knew of her plans already but did not inform the group. Then she would go with them to Japan. What she didn't know was that the members had planned a getaway for themselves, her and Lucas in Kota Kinabalu. They were hoping to get back to being friends. 

June 1rst, 2015

Serenity woke up early, got in a 5 mile run, and prepped Lucas' bag for the day. They would be attending Bangtan Sonyeondan's opening day for their Festa. They arrived at the venue, and Serenity got Lucas situated with her mother. Serenity went to help where needed. She made her way outside to greet the fans and hand out refreshments. The fans were excited and happy. Serenity happily greeted each fan. The resentment towards her had died down greatly after she took an attack meant for Namjoon. There were still saesangs, but they rarely approached her because they would be swarmed by other fans. 

After she finished, she headed back inside. Lucas was sitting on Jimin's lap, feeding him honey butter chips while Yoona finished his hair. Serenity's mother sat having a conversation with Sejin and Jin. Serenity sat and grabbed her tablet. She was looking up things for her and Lucas to do in Hawaii. "That's beautiful, are you planning a trip?"Taehyung asked, leaning over the couch behind her. Serenity didn't answer. She simply put the tablet away and stood to walk away. Taehyung went to hold her arm, but she quickly pulled away. He gazed at her retreating figure. "She was looking at trip stuff. Is she going somewhere?"Taehyung asked Namjoon when he approached him. Namjoon shrugged, "I don't know. I'll ask Sejin, "he replied. 

The opening ceremony began. Serenity stood with Lucas at the barrier cheering. Taehyung and Hoseok sang. Hug me. Serenity could feel herself tear up. The song was so sad but beautiful. She looked around the crowd. All the fans were chanting and cheering. Just as it began, the ceremony ended. Serenity packed up her things and left with Lucas and her mother. 

When they arrived home, Lucas went to watch TV. Serenity went to change and headed to the kitchen. She pulled the casserole she made out of the oven and prepped the salad and bread. The doorbell rang, and Lucas ran to answer it. On the other side, Gdragon and T.O.P. waited. Lucas greeted them and ushered them into the kitchen. Serenity's mother had gone to have dinner with her sister. They were all relaxed eating and chatting when the doorbell rang again. Serenity went to answer this time. 

Yoongi stood outside Serenity's house, waiting for her to answer. He held the bag of Lucas's favorite dumplings and a cake from his favorite bakery. Serenity opened the door. "Yoongi? What are you doing here?"she asked. Yoongi smiled at her. "I wanted to see you and Lucas. I bought stuff, "he replied, holding up his offerings. "Ren, everything alright?"Gdragon asked, walking up behind her. Yoongi looked at him then to Serenity. T.O.P. came up holding a giggling Lucas. "Hey Yoongi, good to see you," GDragon said. "Yeah, long time no see, we had dinner already, but there is still some left. Are you hungry?"T.O.P. said. Serenity stared at Yoongi, waiting for a reply. "Ah, no thanks. I just stopped to say hi. Um, I will get going, "Yoongi replied. "Ok, see you later," Serenity said and watched as Yoongi slumped and headed back to his car. She waited until he drove off, closed the door, and rejoined her guests and Lucas. After a while, she bid Gdragon and T.O.P. Goodnight. She got Lucas ready for bed and went to do her nightly routine.