Chapter Five: Decisions

Serenity's mother hung up the phone and informed her son they were heading to Gangnam-gu. She explained what was going on and he shook his head, "who knew coming to Korea would help Serenity melt her heart" he said. Her mother smiled and agreed. They were on the next ferry and train back to the mainland of Korea. Serenity picked them up at the train station and they headed to the hotel to get settled. Shawn organized a movie night for the kids in Serenity's adjoining suite. Serenity ordered them all dinner and then went to talk to her mother and brother.

"So tell me about this company", her mother stated.

"Its called Big Hit Entertainment, its owned by Bang Si Hyuk. He used to be a composer/writer for JYP, then opened his own company almost a decade ago. He wanted to build a company that truly cared for its artists. To build them up, to nurture their talents", Serenity began.

"And this group, what are they called?", her brother asked.

"They are called Bangtan Sonyeondan, it has seven members all male, three rappers and four lyricists, they have immense drive and talent, I see them going very far" Serenity continued.

"This would mean we move here to Korea, are you ok with that?", her mother asks.

Serenity nodded, she would keep the house in Colorado for visits, turn over the overseeing of the family foundation to her brother and sister in law, and get an entrepreneur citizenship in Korea so she could live here. Lucas would be put into private school when he starts this year. She had it all planned out including the fifty million dollars she would be using to buy twenty eight percent of Big Hit's shares. She would become a vice president of Big Hit Entertainment handling more of the publicity and social aspects of the group. Bang-nim had sent over the contract to the hotel a few hours ago. Her lawyer had contacted her and let her know everything looked good.

Her brother smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. He was going to miss his sister and mom. But he noticed they were both happier here. His mom was smiling alot more in the last few weeks then she had in the last few years. Losing his dad had taken such a toll on all of them. He feels guilty because even though he is the oldest, Serenity took the family reins. After the lottery win, she set right into the leadership role. She made investments and set up the family foundation. He loved the foundation, he was able to really help the community he and Serenity loved. It was true, in less than a year they helped hundreds of families, and were making enough money that they would never have to worry about money for multiple generations, and now she was jumping into music too, he shook his head and laughed.

"What?"Serenity asked.

"I have not seen you this driven in months, it's nice. You were dulling out Ren, if staying here in Korea makes you and mom this happy, I'm all for it, but I'm gonna miss you so much", he replied.

Serenity stood from her seat and engulfed her brother, "I'm gonna miss you too, so much bubba" she choked out.

He was right though, she was happier here.

After speaking with Lucas and him excitedly agreeing to move Serenity started making plans to buy a home nearby. She could sign up Lucas for school and citizenship for her and her mother after the contract was signed on Monday.

She was planning on taking the group shopping this weekend. She just wanted to relax for the day until Sunday.