21. Death & Regrets

"Tyrion was playing with wildfire." Rieka said nonchalantly over tea. 

"I swear you and I more alike than my actual siblings." Cersei remarked. 

"Let the sparks fly." Rieka whispered over her tea cup. 

"Lovely wife," Kiss, "Lovely sister." Jaime pecked Cersei's cheek. "What are you two up to today?" 

"Kaboom." Cersei whispered grabbing a bottle of wine and bringing it to her lips. Jaime looked to Rieka as he sat beside her. She gave an ignorant shrug as she leaned into him. "You two make me sick."

"Why is that?" Jaime countered. 

"How perfect you are together." Cersei admitted with only a hint of bitterness. Rieka's gaze shifted slowly to her. "Don't look at me like that. I can be happy for you and mad at the same time." Cersei assured. "Are you pregnant again?" 

"Heavens I just had Leona a few moons ago." Rieka corrected. 

"Its been more than a few." Cersei countered. 

"Cersei-"

"I can be happy for you while being mad at myself. I'm good at multitasking." Cersei assured. 

That night Jaime lay beside Rieka, Leona slept soundly in her crib in their chambers. Rieka smiled softly back at him as she blew out the candles. He rolled her to him and she smiled as his lips descended upon hers.  His lips reacted they knew exactly what to do. There's power in familiarity. He already knew how to deliver a mind-blowing kiss to Rieka Stark, and he was using that knowledge to his advantage.

With her It was always thrilling, a rush of adrenaline, the cheer of a packed Touney stadium, the chase when they raced horses and Rieka won her arms raised claiming her victory, and the frenzy of that smile, those hands over him, all tied together in his pounding heart. His hands shifted lower touching every inch of her as their heads tilt to the perfect angles one must have thought they tested and practiced many times. Practice made perfect and kissing Jaime tasted like perfection. 

Leona let them sleep in, Cersei was busy at work, Tommen was confined to his chambers while everyone else was at the sept it seemed. Tywin lannister included. 

Queen Margaery along with her family all waited anxiously for the trial to begin Loras was brought forward in rags his hair cut his hands bound.

'They'll be no need for a trial.' loras said Margaery stood next her father waiting patiently. 'I confess before the seven and freely admit my crimes.' he told them all.

'Which crimes will you be confessing?''

'I lay with other men including the traitor Renly Baratheon.' he told them 'I purged myself before the gods.' he said kneeling before the high sparrow. 'I take full responsibility for my sins and I of my desires... my only wish is to devote my life to the seven.' Loras told them 'may I be a living example of the grace for others to witness. I will denounce my lordship and my claims on high garden.' mace Tyrell's face dropped. Loras was his golden boy his name was going to die off now for sure.

'Brother Loras I ask you to dedicate your life to the seven gods.' the sparrow said. They lifted his chin branding the mark into his forehead and his father erupted with anger.

'Faith is the way father.' Margery told him but she was outraged.

"Isnt the trial today?" Rieka questioned. 

"We are not going to that." Cersei corrected. 

"Tommen-"

"Has been confined." Cersei answered for her. 

"Cersei what did you do?" Jaime questioned. 

"What needed to be done." Cersei assured them. 

'You mutilated him you gave me your word.' Margaery said as Loras sat on the ground blood dripping from his forehead.

'I've kept my word.' the sparrow told her 'once the Queen's mother's trial is completed your brother is free to leave.'' Tywin looked around bored, he wanted to see what this man deemed as a trial, after tyrions trial everything else felt subpar. 

''And where is the queen mother?' Margaery asked turning to Tywin. He gave her his usual uninterested look. 

''The queen mother never left the red keep.''

''It appears the queen mother doesn't wish to attend her own trial.' The high sparrow said 'go to the red keep and show her the way.' his sparrows set off.

Unfortunately all men must die.

''There's something wrong.' Margaery told him as the waited. Tywin turned to her cautiously. 

''There is nothing to worry the trial will begin shortly.'' the sparrow told her

'Cersei is not here. Tommen is not here why do you think they are not here?' Margaery said her voice growing louder and louder. Tywin sucked in a tight breath, if Cersei were to do something surely she would have told him? Wouldnt she?

''If the accused is not here she will be tried regardless we cannot escape justice of the gods.' The sparrow said calmly.

'Forget about the bloody gods and listen to what I'm telling you!' she demanded 'Cersei understands the consequences of her actions and her absent. She is absent.' Margaery told him. The room was filled with people awaiting the trial something was wrong she could feel it in her bones. 'she is absent anyway which means she does not intend to suffer those consequences. The trial can wait we all need to leave!' she told him. Tywin moved to the door but the sparrows blocked his path. 

"Out of my way, do you know who I am?" Tywin demanded. 

''We need to leave!' Margaery demanded.

'What?' the sparrow questioned.

'We all need to leave now.' she told them all 'Loras,' she said holding his face in her hands 'come with me.' They tried to cleared out but the sparrows men blocked all exits. Margaery knew something was wrong tears in her eyes as she tried to push through, the high sparrow didn't know what but from the urgency in her eyes and voice he knew they had to get out of here.

"Where is father?" Jaime questioned. "He is usually in here bothering us about another heir." 

"But Leona is the perfect heir, yes she is!" Rieka coed blowing raspberries on her tummy. Leona laughed and laughed her arms and legs  kicking and shaking happily. 

'Let me through let me through.' Margaery demanded they tried to break through as Margaery looked between her brother her father and the high sparrow. 

"Out of my way, I am Tywin Lannister, hand of the king!" He understood her need to leave but it was too late now. A haze of Green fire erupt, destroying the Sept, killing everyone within it. It blaze down upon flea bottom destroying the majority of it as well. Cersei stood victorious. Rieka ran to her side seeing the flames. 

"Holy hells." Rieka murmured. 

"Shame." Cersei added smugly. 

"Your grace." a squire came running in. "YOur father isnt in the castle, he went to the trial." 

"Cersei." Jaime breathed back. Cersei brought a hand to her stomach feeling sick. She just killed her father.