3. Not the Day I Die

Jaime was a no go for champion. Bronn was already bought off by Cersei. Rieka sat in Tyrion's cell beside him holding back a wave of nausea that flooded her, she didnt want him to die. Then Oberyn came in, Rieka's ears were ringing and she couldnt hear him, couldnt hear the words as Tyrion sighed.

"The whole way from Dorne all anyone talked about was the monster that had been born to Tywin Lannister. A head twice the size of his body, a tail between his legs, claws, one red eye, the privates of both a girl and a boy." Oberyn went on Tyrion looked up at him with a chuckle

"That would have made things so much easier." Tyrion joked lightly. He held to Rieka's hand as she closed her eyes, her head spinning.

"When we met your sister, she promised she would show you to us. Every day we would ask to see the monster. Every day she would say, "Soon." Then she and your brother took us to your nursery and... she unveiled the freak. Your head was a bit large. Your arms and legs were a bit small, but no claws. No red eye. No tail between your legs. Just a tiny pink cock. We didn't try to hide our disappointment. "That's not a monster," I told Cersei, "that's just a baby." And she said, "He killed my mother. And she pinched your little cock so hard, I thought she might pull it off. Until your brother made her stop. "It doesn't matter," she told us. "Everyone says he will die soon, I hope they are right; he should not have lived this long."" Tyrion let out a sharp breath, cersei had always hated him.

"Well... sooner or later, Cersei always gets what she wants." Tyrion remarked thickly.

"And what about what I want? Justice for my sister and her children." Oberyn informed him.

"If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place." Tyrion told him

"I disagree. I've come to the perfect place. I want to bring those who have wronged me to justice, and all those who have wronged me are right here. I will begin with Ser Gregor Clegane, who killed my sister's children and then raped her with their blood still on his hands before killing her, too." Tyrion held his breath not daring to believe what he was about to say, "I will be your champion."

"Rieka! Rieka!" Tyrion declared hugging her. "Oberyn will be my champion. He will be my champion!" Rieka sobbed into Tyrion holding onto him tight. "I have a champion Rieka."

"I dont want you to die Tyrion." Rieka begged. "You can't die."

"I have a champion. You and me forever."

+

'that is very thin armor.' Tyrion noted. Rieka was awfully quiet as she knelt beside Tyrion holding onto his hand.

'I like to move around.' Oberyn told him as he bounced around getting ready.

'You could at least wear a helmet.' Tyrion told him. 'you should not drink before a fight.' He added.

'You learn this in your vast experience in the fighting pits?' Oberyn mused. 'I always drink before a fight.' Oberyn added. "Your wife is worried about me." he mused.

"Don't die." Rieka whispered. Tyrion kissed her cheek and tears fell down her face. "You are not allowed to die Oberyn because if you die, Tyrion dies and he is not allowed to die."

''Today is not the day I die.' Oberyn said confidently.

'Thank God." Tyrion agreed. He turned Rieka's face to look at him before kissing him. "Don't worry,' he whispered against her. There was no point in telling him that when he died she would be wed to Jaime because she was sure that Cersei would kill her before that ever happened.

''You are going to fight that?' Ellaria asked as Gregor approached.

'I'm going to kill that.' Oberyn corrected

'He's the biggest man I've ever seen.' Ellaria exclaimed, oberyn was skilled but the mountain was a mountain for a reason.

'Size does not matter when you're flat on your back.' Oberyn told them, as he kissed Ellaria she gripped his hand not wanting to let go.

'Thank the gods.' Tyrion remarked, "Rieka... you look sick, pale... are you-"

"I'm just worried Tyrion." Rieka assured holding onto him.

''In the sight of gods and men we gather to decide the innocence or guilt of this man, Tyrion Lannister may the mother bring him mercy and the father justice as he deserves may the warrior guide the hand...' the maester said as the bells went off, Tywin waving them to start, the maester bowed before them leaving. Gregor pulled his blade free.

''Don't leave me alone in this world.' Ellaria told Oberyn as he marched out.

"Tyrion, I love you." Rieka whispered.

'Have they told you who I am?" oberyn questioned gregor.

"Some dead man!" Gregor Clegane snarled at him before he attacked Oberyn. 

"I am the brother of Elia Martell. Do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking, shit-pile of a city? For you. I'm going to hear you confess before you die. You raped my sister. You murdered her. You killed her children. Say it now and we can end this quick." They kept fighting,  Oberyn managed to knock off Gregor's helmet.

"Not the day I die." Tyrion assured kissing her. "I love you."

"He's good." Rieka remarked not believing that a man of his size could take down the mountain but he was doing it. "Hell... He is great... he can win this... He has to." She looked to Ellaria and they shared a nervous look.

"Say it. You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children. You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!" Oberyn circled around gregor, oberyn was light on his feet.  Gregor was tiring quickly, dodging his charges, parries his swings and stabbing back, while taunting him repeatedly to confess about killing Elia and her children. Gregor managed to knock Oberyn several times off his feet and cut his spear into half. Oberyn avoided Gregor's blows with amazing swiftness, and grabbed a replacement spear from his squire.

'Come on, come on, come on...' Ellaria said jumping and clapping nervously,

'COME ON OBERYN!" Rieka cheered finding her voice as she clung to Tyrion's hand. Again, Gregor knocked Oberyn off his feet, but Oberyn once again gets out of the way of his blows and stabbed Gregor in the chest. Gregor stumbled away dazed, but quickly recovered with a new burning passion.

  "You raped her! You murdered her!" Gregor charged. Oberyn avoided his blow and cutting gregor down, slicing at his leg, gregor dropped to his knees. Gregor groaned and moaned out in pain and kneeling down before him.  "You killed her children!" Oberyn charged again, burying his spear in Gregor's stomach, pinning him to the floor and causing gregor to cough blood. Cersei was furious and frustrated, while Tyrion, Rieka and Ellaria were hopeful, thinking that the duel was almost over and Tyrion got to live Rieka let herself hope. But Oberyn refused to let Gregor die without confessing. He circled Gregor furiously.

'"Wait, are you dying? No, no, no. You can't die yet. You haven't confessed." Oberyn pulled his spear from Gregor's body.

"What is he doing?" Rieka murmured nervously.

"Say it. Say her name. Elia Martell. You raped her. You killed her children. Elia Martell." Oberyn pointed accusingly at Tywin, "Who gave you the order? WHO GAVE YOU THE ORDER?'

'Kill him!' Ellaria demanded.

"Finish him!' Tyrion begged.

'Say her name! You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! Say it! Say her name!" they waited anxiously for Oberyn to finish off Gregor. Oberyn smiled over at Ellaria.

"Say it!" Oberyn demanded but he got too close to Gregor. Gregor tripped him over. A gasp escaped Ellaria's lips as Oberyn started to get up, but Gregor grabbed his throat and punched him in the mouth, breaking his teeth. Ellaria screamed out for Oberyn while Rieka's mouth moved but no words came out she couldn't breathe, this couldn't be the end of Oberyn Martell. Because it would be the end of Tyrion lannister and she wasnt ready for that day. Oberyn slumped down stunned, his mouth bleeding.

Gregor was on top of Oberyn, grabbing his head with his massive hands, forcing his large thumbs into Oberyns eyes, gouging them. Oberyn screamed in agony.

'"Elia Martell!' Gregor said finally. 'I killed her children! Then I raped her! Then I smashed her head in like this!" Gregor Clegane roared with laughter....