12. Never Yield

"I wanted to get things started with your union to loras." Tywin remarked. Cersei's stare moved sharply to her father. 

"No." Cersei begged. 

"This was already set, nothing has changed, Jaime fulfilled his role now it is your turn." Tywin demanded. 

If her father wasnt going to yield, then Cersei would have to get rid of loras herself. And thats just what she did. 

"Cersei was in flee bottom today." Rieka remarked as she lay out on the balcony. 

"What was she up to?" Jaime questioned. He felt strange not being on the kings guard anymore, he was on it for years, since he was 15 and now he just got to live and grow a family with Rieka and he had all this spare time until he went back to the rock. His father expected him to take over those duties. 

"She wouldnt tell me, I know all her sketchy shit so it must be bad." Rieka remarked. 

"And how is our little bundle of joy doing?" Jaime questioned running a hand over her stomach. 

"Bundle of squishing me from the inside out more like it." Rieka corrected. "She will be a joy when she comes out. "

"She?"

"Remember, ten girls, to piss your father off." 

"You and your womb have a talk?" Jaime mused. 

"We did, I can't wait to see your fathers face when I have a girl, and another, and another." Rieka teased. 

"Already planning the next ones." Jaime agreed. 

"Well our wedding night was such a success." Rieka agreed. 

"Remind me how that went." Jaime requested kissing her. 

When the faith arrested Loras queen Margaery demanded that King Tommen take action as she knew Cersei was behind it.

'Why is my brother in a cell?'

'I don't know.' Tommen said his hand on his silverware as he stared up at her his food going cold before him as Margaery's hands slammed down on the table in outrage 'I didn't do it.'

'We both know who did,' Margaery corrected 'you told me she was returning to Casterly rock'

'You're saying my mother is behind this?'

'She's jealous you're not hers anymore arresting my brother is her revenge.' Margaery declared.

'Aren't you and mother getting along?' Tommen remarked and Margaery let out a deep sigh annoyed at how ignorant he could be you it was a blessing in disguise at times.

'Oh my sweet sweet King,' she said plopping down 'do you have any affection for me at all?''

''Of course I do.' he said grabbing her hand 'you are my queen.''

"Who's the queen!" Cersei declared lifting her glass. 

"You got loras thrown in a cell?" Jaime questioned. 

"I did no such thing." Cersei assured. "I just made sure the new High Sparrow knew what Loras was like, its a sin you know." 

"No one is pure." RIeka countered. "We all have sin. No one is guiltless." 

"Yes, but I am coming out on top and father can't wed me to him," Cersei declared happily. 

''I can't bear to think of my brother locked away in some grimy cell.' Margaery told Tommen sadly it was the most honest thing she's ever told him.

'I'll set him free for you.' Tommen assured

'You promise?'

+

'My queen?' Margaery looked up to Tommen anxiously 'There was no way to free sir Loras without violence,' Tommen told her and she came in from the balcony her face dropped off the news.

"My sweet baby boy, I knew he couldnt do it." Cersei remarked. 

"You know you are hurting TOmmen, he really likes her." Jaime reminded Cersei. 

"He will move on." Cersei assured. "I spent years in a loveless marriage, he can do me this one thing and let loras rot so I dont have to leave him." 

'You're the king of the andals,' Margaery reminded him 'the Lord of the seven kingdoms the protector of the realm and a band of fanatics imprisoned your brother by law.''

''I'm going to speak with a high sparrow.''

''Are you? When?''

'I don't know.' Tommen admitted

'You don't know?''

''He was praying just now I...' Tommen told her

'I have to send word to my grandmother,' Margaery said walking past him out the door

'will you come back later?" Tommen questioned

'I need to be with my family your Grace,' she said before stomping down the hall

'Of course.'

Tommen was pacing when he heard a knock on the door, he hoped for Margaery but saw Rieka. 

"Hey kiddo." Rieka remarked "can I come in?" Tommen nodded. "I heard about Loras, I'm sorry for Margaery I know this must be hard on the both of you."

"It is." Tommen agreed. "She hates me." 

"No one could ever hate you." Rieka assured. 

"I love her and I can't save her brother, i just... I dont want anyone to get hurt." Tommen remarked. 

"Thats smart, you dont want to start a war with the faith. You believe in the old gods?"

"Yes." Tommen agreed softly. 

"The magic they held, some claim when you anger the Gods the throw down their magic upon the realms to those that deserve it. You my sweet boy dont deserve the punishment... have you ever considered Loras might... that they were right about him?" Rieka pondered. 

"Margaery-"

"There will be a trial and everything will be revealed." Rieka remarked. "And it will be done peacefully." Tommen nodded. 

+

'Rumors and gossip that's all they've got it's the theater Nothing More.' Olena told margaery when she arrived back at the capital. 'If they collected all the pillow biters in Kings Landing they'll be no room left in the dungeon for anyone else.'

'Everyone knew about him and Renly,' Margaery reminded her.

'Renly Baratheon shagged half the staple boys,' Olena reminded her 'Hell in the seven kingdoms everyone knew they did not care.'

'He was the kings brother,' Margaery told her

'And Loras is the queen's brother... no no no this is unacceptable.'

'Cersei is behind it.'

'Of course she is. she wants to drag our names through the dirt put us in our place get some rest dear.' Olenna said patting her granddaughters cheek 'and let me deal with Cersei Lannister.''