Zeus

Amara-

"He's not scary though. Hasn't he helped you all out? Brought you all here?" I asked, standing beside where he sat.

"But he's..." they whispered and I frowned.

I moved, sitting myself in his crossed lap.

"Don't tell anyone else alright, this is our secret." I said quietly and immediately they all were engaged with the idea of having a secret to keep.

"What is it?" One whispered.

"He is the most gentle person I've ever met. But you have to stay quiet, no one can no except us alright?" I smiled.

"Really?" One asked, approaching us.

"Seriously." I grabbed his arms, pulling them around me.

"He's like a giant teddy bear. He may look a little scary but he's so lovable. He may look like a big bad wolf but he's just a sweet little puppy." I smiled.

"That's a bit of an exaggeration." He murmured.

"Zip." I whispered and looked back at them.

"See? I'm sitting, he's so nice and warm. Sometimes he's cold but he's still super nice." I explained.

I stood, the children running onto him, tackling him and he looked at me with a "help" type of expression.

I just smiled, enjoying them using him like a jungle gym.

"I believe my job here is done, Mr. Happy Pants." I smirked.

"Amara-"

"I'm gonna go hang out with Persephone, Aphrodite, and Hera. I'll be back at a decent time, sir. I love you." I kissed his cheek and the room was stuffed with giggles as I left.

-

"You little she devil." Aphrodite winked.

"What? They didn't like him, I changed it. Easy peasy." I sighed, sitting back, sipping on the wine I had.

It was interesting coming back to the human world. I hadn't told Thanatos yet, but that's because selfishly I just wanted to see.

I went past my old house, my childhood home, my parents were laughing with the neighbors on their porch.

It was strange that their entire memory was erased of me.

Not even that, all the photos and medical records of my existence just vanished.

Half of it was hard to grasp, but I am actually okay with it. They're happy, they served their purpose.

Now we were in a restaurant, eating good food, sipping delicious wine.

My phone vibrated.

"Excuse me." I stood, setting my glass down as I left our table and went to the restroom.

"Hello?"

"Where are you Amara."

"Are you alright?"

"Where. Are. You." He asked.

"Im-"

"There you are Amara." A large man came through the door of the ladies restroom.

"Oh gods no." Fear pitted in my stomach.

Zeus was smiling at me, in a tux, looking like a human, rich, old, fit, billionaire.

"God damnit!" Thanatos screamed on the other end.

"Hang up." Zeus told me.

"No, don't do it Amara, I'll find you. Where are you."

"I'm-"

Zeus had put his hand to his throat, making the slice motion.

"I'll kill your parents, Amara." Zeus told me.

"Amara, I swear to god you tell me where you are. I can't call you home up there." Thanatos sounded oddly calm.

"I'll be okay, I love you-"

"Amara I swear to god-"

"I'll kill them Amara. I have them with me. As soon as you saw them today I knew." Zeus said.

"He's lying to you."

"Thanatos, I love you." I whispered.

"Good, hang up the phone." Zeus said and when I didn't do it in the speed he desired he grabbed my wrist, taking the phone before chucking it at the wall, shattering it.

He couldn't be strong up here. He couldn't go back to the underworld.

"Now, you're gonna listen to me. You're gonna walk out of here, tell your stupid friends that you've gotta go see Thanatos, then you're gonna walk out and I'll be waiting, alright Babygirl?" He asked me.

I swore bile rose in my throat.

He handed me his phone, a video of my parents tied to the ceiling of some place by their ankles, panicking.

"Alright?" He asked.

I nodded.

He took a step closer to me, "don't panic. I treat all my girls well. Up here you're not bound to Thanatos." He grabbed my chin and I bit the inside of my cheeks until there was blood.

"I'm gonna go first. I have people everywhere, don't put it past yourself to try to run." He told me.

He walked out and I sat there, looking down at my broken phone.

I prayed to the gods below me, Hades, Thanatos, Soteria, everyone strong enough to fight Zeus up here.

I walked out, going to the table.

"What's wrong?" Aphrodite asked.

"I-uhm, Thanatos wants me home."

"Alright, you need help?" Hera asked.

"No. Thank you for today." I gave a tight smile.

I was fine.

I'd get out of this, the worst that can happen is torture.

I can't die. I'm just hoping the theory isn't put to the test.