Self Pity

Amara-

I had read three books the past 35 hours, getting a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Amara, hey." Aphrodite said.

"Is there something you need?" I asked.

"Uhm, can we have lunch? At The Barnyard?" Her favorite restaurant.

"I suppose." I continued reading.

"How about meeting there in 30?" She asked.

"Sure."

"Thank you. A lot." She hung up.

I sighed, calling Thanatos.

"Darling."

"I'm gonna go to the Barnyard with Aphrodite. She asked me there." I said.

Silence...

"Okay." He sounded irritated.

"I love you."

"Call me later?" He asked.

"Of course."

"I love you." He hung up.

I stood, putting on jeans and a shirt that belonged to Thanatos.

-

Immediately Aphrodite, Hera, and Soteria smiled at me.

I just sat across them.

"Alright now that you're all here can I start you with a drink?" The waiter asked.

"Water." I smiled.

They ordered and I sat back.

"Amara, we're sorry." Soteria said.

I nodded. "Great."

"Amara, we said we're sorry." Aphrodite frowned.

"I said that's great." I crossed my leg, adjusting my ring on my left hand.

"That's not fair, I understand your upset with us but you're safe, you're present." Hera said, quiet and the most... considerate I suppose is the word.

"Mmhm and where were any of you when I became safe and present?" I smiled.

"Amara-"

"Stop saying my name like I'm lesser than you. Like I have to forgive you. I came to this lunch, but I don't have to do jack shit." I laughed, absolutely unamused.

"I don't think that's fair. We've done so much-"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, interrupting Soteria.

"Excuse me?" She whispered, looking hurt.

"Awe, did I hurt your feelings? Look, I didn't ask to be made. I didn't ask to be made by Aphrodite, I didn't ask for them to be involved in my life nor my transformation." I looked at her, she had the least involvement but the most to say.

"It's clear my safety is among none of your priorities. So I won't ask for any assistance or include myself in your activities as that what put me in danger." I shrugged.

The drinks came out and we ordered.

I'm not leaving this bs lunch without a full stomach I'm not paying for.

"I thought you'd be better than that. I made you better than that." Aphrodite said, sounding truly disappointed.

I was in awe.

"You made me innocent. Not naïve, if I'm correct. You fucked me over and hurt my feelings, this is exactly how you made me to answer to being hurt. Is it not? Or am I only supposed to be that way when it doesn't involve you, Aphrodite?" I folded my arms.

"She's right. You said no matter who, no one deserves special treatment in your vows. This is what you asked for." Persephone came, sitting in the chair right beside me.

"Am I wrong Hera?" She asked.

"No. You're not." She looked shamefully to Aphrodite.

"Regardless, I'm sorry, Amara." She looked at me, hurt herself.

I smiled, leaning forward as I reached for her hands.

"Aphrodite, I don't forgive you. I hope you suffer for guilt. Maybe one day you'll do something that matters enough to earn my forgiveness. But as you were gonna leave me to rot with Zeus and my husband to rot in worry, I'm gonna leave you to rot with your own self pity." I sat back.

Persephone played with my hair, gently rooting me on.

Aphrodite was throwing a fit.

The food came out and I ate.

I took my fill and left them to pay for it.

Then I went home and took a bath, planning to masturbate after to the dirty thoughts of my husband that now consume me.