Big Thing

Thanatos-

I sat beside her as she slept.

I wasn't tired, I was just here.

It felt timeless down here typically, she was the only way I could differ day from night the past 26 years.

I contemplated my new... issue.

I couldn't yell at her. Ever. I couldn't be mad and speak to her. I couldn't bring myself to do anything but shut up and listen.

I tried. I did. I had control, I always had it. But when she spoke to me I fumed. Anger rolled off me but it wasn't directed toward her.

It was hard to explain, I'm not sure if it was just because she had a large impact on me now or if it was just how things had to be.

But the second she ate the food I made my anger completely dissipated.

She stirred and I let myself go physically, becoming her warmth as I placed my hand over her chest, above her heart.

She stopped moving, relaxing into a singular position sleeping, remaining still for as long as I had done this.

If I moved she frowned, a small v creasing between her brows until I applied that spiritual warmth.

Then I watched her have a peaceful rest.

-

She woke up, I hadn't moved.

She touched her hand over mine but she couldn't feel mine.

"I know you're here." She murmured, rubbing her eyes.

I pushed my hand over her eyes.

"No. I'm awake." She whispered.

I frowned.

"If I go back to bed like you used to make me I'm gonna sleep the whole day." She turned her head away and shut her eyes for a moment.

"How'd you know?" I was there and she sighed, it scared her a bit but not much.

"I can feel the pressure." She turned toward me, her knees to her chest.

"I'm cold though." She pulled the covers over her.

She touched my hand lightly. I wore a long sleeved shirt that covered till my hands, black sweats at night since I had nothing to do.

"Why are you warm now but usually so cold?" She asked.

"He's warm when he's protective over you." Hades popped up and she hummed.

"He's cold when he knows you're gonna be fine." He walked toward us.

"So... todays a big day Amara." He smiled, winking at me.

She grabbed my hand and placed it over her heart like it had been in her sleep. She placed it in the exact position I had it in.

I felt her heartbeat accelerate under her soft skin.

"Why?" She asked.

"The day I am required to introduce you to Gods and Goddesses and to hand you your ring." I told her.

She nodded.

"Guess what?" Hades grinned.

"Hm?" She asked tiredly.

"You're to meet my beloved Persephone." He sighed almost dreamily.

She laughed softly.

"I'm looking forward to it."

"I'll leave you alone. Just had to put my two cents." He smirked before leaving.

She turned onto her stomach, holding her pillow under her.

"You don't seem like a heartless man. Everyone thinks so. I may be wrong, I'm aware of that." She mumbled into her pillow.

I was silent. I just listened to her words, not putting a feeling to any of them.

"Is this hard for you? Marrying a human girl who's barely lived?" She asked.

No.

"My situation could be plenty worse."

"I think we need to work on talking through your feelings." She moved, sitting up now, sitting criss crossed, looking at me.

More curious than afraid, her pulse still high.

"You trust me more today than yesterday." I said.

She shrugged.

"You didn't hurt Ingrid. You didn't yell at me. If you had wanted to, you absolutely could have." She mentioned, her curls a mane around her head.

"You seem sure." I studied her.

"I am. You're powerful. You hold my fate." She shivered.

"You're cold."

"I am." She laughed, her dimples coming out.

It was musical witnessing it while I was actually here.

I felt myself cover her with my wings, a globe of warmth covering her.

In my circle of darkness, she was the light.

She smiled at me softly, her fingers immediately reaching to drag along them.

"You're intimidating but you are a bit soft." She looked up at me and I let my face remain stiff and relaxed.

"Soft? That's new." I mumbled.

She scooted closer to me, pulling the covers higher on her body, curling within my body heat.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out her ring.

She stared at it.

"Is-is this the ring?" She asked.

I nodded.

"It's so pretty

"It's so pretty." She whispered.

"Would you like to wear it? You don't have to when you're here." I didn't mean that.

"I'll wear it." She nodded.

I offered my hand, she gave it to me, her hand quite small in my large one.

I placed it on her left ring finger, it was the perfect size.

"It's so beautiful." She stared at it.

I felt heavy satisfaction.

"Thank you." She smiled.

I nodded.

"When's the thing happening?" She asked.

"Two hours." I said.

"What do I wear?" She frowned.

"That's what I'm here for my pearl!" Aphrodite came and grinned ear to ear.