"Fit"

Amara Quinn-

I sat in my room, staring at the food in front of me.

"Amara, you have to eat." Ingrid said.

"I'm not hungry." I whispered.

"If you don't Thanatos is gonna behead me." She sighed, from that I learned it was probably factual.

"I'm sorry Ingrid. I'm just really not hungry." I frowned.

She came to me on the bed, sitting across from me.

"Amara, honey, you have to let go. I know that's hard for a mortal to do but it has to be done." She said.

Aphrodite appeared, walking toward me.

"This isn't Thanatos' fault. He was outnumbered. But my dear pearl, since you entered the world he's remained by your side, stopped some scary thing from coming your way, he was there every birthday, every night you slept. Rubbed your back when you sobbed about school. You may have never seen him but he's there. And as much as all of us dislike him for being an ass, you have a place in his heart no one else has." She pet my hair from my face.

"When you came here from your earthly mother, he stayed beside you, he refuses to admit it but whenever you cried his touch soothed you. Every time you've cried, he was your comfort whether you see it or not. That's why your mom said you were such a happy baby, whenever you'd fuss he'd place his hand over you. He knows I watched, but he won't mention it." Hera laughed.

"We've known him since the beginning of time. Stubborn, heartless man he is. But this isn't his fault. He didn't know we had to erase your parents memory, he wouldn't have allowed it. But what was done, had to be done. I'm sorry." Aphrodite sighed.

"Eat. Please." Ingrid whispered.

"Can I nap then eat?" I asked.

Ingrid sighed.

"He won't hurt you." I told her, covering her hand with mine.

She nodded nervously.

They all left me alone to sleep this information off.

-

I heard shouting, my body unsettled.

I walked out of my door, Thanatos angry at Ingrid, explaining I need 6 meals, no deathly threats but his spine was rigid and his face was terrifying.

I cleared my throat and his head turned in my direction.

"I'm not hungry." I whispered.

He squinted at me.

"I wasn't hungry. I was upset. I wanted to sleep then eat. It's not her fault she tried for an hour. I just don't feel good." I explained.

She kept her head down toward the floor, in fear of him.

"I'll eat now." I offered.

The ground began trembling under me forcing Ingrid to squeal and fall to her knees.

"Stop." I said firmly.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

I walked to him, my body shaking as glass frames fell from the wall.

"Knock it off. You're being immature and I don't feel good. If I'm staying here, I'm not going to be prisoner to my room and six meals a day. I'm going to eat as I wish, you will not speak to Ingrid like that when she obeyed you but I defied. You may be a god but that's no reason to be an asshole!" I scolded and the ground stopped shuttering.

His face ran blank, his eyes glued to mine.

I didn't look away.

"I'll fix you something to eat." He snarled, turning on his heel and walked away.

I helped Ingrid off the floor.

"Go rest. It'll be okay." I told her and she kept her head down, leaving.

I walked to my room, pulling a sweater over my head, putting my hair in a ponytail before leaving to the kitchen.

His house was beautiful, the aesthetic obviously dark, but it was large and spacious.

I looked and saw three large tote bags on the kitchen island full of my books.

He didn't even look back to acknowledge me so I just dragged these heavy bags to my room.

Hades followed me with the other two.

"How do you guys just poof up places?" I asked.

He laughed.

"I sensed an angry Thanatos and came to tease but saw you needed help." He set the bags down with ease, helping me with the one I had.

"Well thank you." I smiled.

"You can cut the tension with a knife." He said as we walked back to the kitchen.

"He threw a fit but all is fine." I said.

His spine ran rigid again but he said nothing.

"I'll leave you to it. Goodbye." Hades kissed my cheek before vanishing.

"What're you making?" I asked.

"Amara," he turned around, crossing his arms.

"I'm upset right now. I understand you want to help it out but I refuse to talk to you while I'm upset. So, can I cook, you can stay or go, and we can talk when I'm done throwing my "fit"?" He asked.

I folded my hands in front of me.

I analyzed what he said. Slightly a jab but slightly mature. Respect.

"Sure. I apologize." I walked away and into my room.

I grabbed The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose and began reading it.