New job

The elevator doors opened straight to his office. I struggled to keep my jaw shut as my eyes took in the grand that was in front of me.

His office was well decorated to suit him, with no splash of colors and it reeked of him. He was standing with his back to me and his hand placed on his ear.

He was on a call.

I took the opportunity to look around, his bookshelf was stocked and they looked expensive.

The kind of books you tend to read with your eyes instead of touching. I could feel my mouth water at the sight of the books.

I can only imagine how he looks whilst reading them.

He turns to me, his cold eyes dipping in approval as he nods at my presence.

He lifts a finger asking me to wait for him. I nodded, choosing to let my eyes feed themselves on the beauty that is his office.

"When I tell you to do something, I expect results the next minute." His voice came out harsh.

I swirled immediately thinking he was talking about my lateness but he wasn't, he was still on the phone scolding whoever it was.

It was comforting to know that he just wasn't like me.

He was cold and demanding to other people too.

"Goodbye," he ends the call. His eyes cut straight to me in a no-nonsense manner.

I gulped out of fear.

I suppose it was my turn now.

"Thank you for coming," I almost fell off my seat.

I stared at him in surprise, he was thanking me.

"What?"

He chuckled at my reaction, muttering something under his breath. I chose to ignore that.

"Sorry, my manager delayed me." I shrugged,

"I know, I spoke to her. She won't be doing that again." He said firmly.

I nodded my head, choosing to act professional

"Why am I here?" I asked,

He frowned but he took his time to answer my question, well with another question of his.

"What is your current salary?" He asked,

My face flushed with embarrassment, I wanted to snap at him but I knew it won't end well for any of us, me most especially.

It was no secret that masseuses barely make enough after dealing with grumpy clients all day. It was a bit surprising that he would ask me that.

"Why do you ask?"

"I have a job opportunity for you," he said.

I stared at him, trying to make sense of the conversation. He called me here to give me a job.

Not what I was expecting.

"I don't understand," I tell him.

He relaxed against his chair, staring at me casually like he was waiting for something.

"I would like to offer you the position of my assistant. You will be working closely with me." He said.

Something about the way he said closely scared and excited me at the same time. I bit my lip as I squeezed my thighs together.

"Are you serious?" I blurted out.

"Do I look like the kind to joke about work?" He asked as he lifted his brows.
I blushed again, he did it so effortlessly.

"I guess not, but what about my job as a masseuse?" I asked before I could stop myself.

I wasn't thinking of taking the job but something told me he needed me to take it.

"Not important, I am paying you times five of what you earn as a masseuse." He says,

My jaw dropped, "what? You don't even know how much I make." I argue.

"Tell me," he demands.

"I make $1500 a month, " I say quietly.

"See? That wasn't so bad." He chides.
My face flushed even more. It was embarrassing to talk about money.

He stands suddenly, coming closer to me with determination in his steps. I gulped as I looked at him.

"Are you scared of working with me?"

He asked as he came to a stop in front of my chair.

I shook my head immediately, and he laughed.

His face changed to a serious one, "Quit your job and come work for me." He demands.

I shook my head, "No,"

The air around us shifted, it became more intense and I knew I had messed up by refusing my master.

"That was an order, pet." He growled.
I opened my lips to argue but I thought better. "Yes, master."

"Good Girl,"

He grabbed the phone on his desk while looking at me to make.

My eyes widened when I heard who he was talking to, "yes, fire her." He said.
He was talking about me.

He returned the receiver and faced me like he had done nothing wrong.

"You just got me fired," I point out.

"Yes, but you are also hired as my assistant." He says.

I sigh to myself, I sold my soul to the devil himself.

"Go ahead, I will see you bright and early for tomorrow." He said nodding towards the elevators.

My heart tinged with disappointment when he didn't touch me on my way to that elevator.

"Good night Catalina," he said just as the doors closed in on his face.

The look stayed on my face as I went home, the incredible ordeal made my stressful day better. I just got promoted with a good salary and good incentives like sleeping with the boss.

He said I was going to be working with him, the thought thrilled me. I couldn't wait to see more about Killian Black as the media described it.

I unlocked the door to the apartment and the sounds coming from the other room made my mood turn sour. I bang the door loudly to announce my presence.

My flatmate was back to having men over and keeping me up at night.
Maybe it was time I move out and get my place.

It's something that I would think about it now since I have a job for it.

I can't wait to start tomorrow.