You Scared Me (pt 1)

I looked up Andrew on Google and it brought out his personal information and contact address.

I quickly wrote it down. I was going to talk to him after work. If he was that desperate to have me then he should at least have the decency to say it to my face.

I grinned, I don't know if it will work but it has to be worth a try to go see him and plead with him not to do anything that would hurt this company.

For the rest of the day, I focused completely on work. My body was giddy at the prospect of solving this for Killian, maybe his attitude toward me would change.

I hoped so.

I smacked my forehead. I promised myself to only think about work, but here I am thinking about him again.

I couldn't help myself. He was extremely gentle and sweet this afternoon during sex and my locked-up heart melted even as he said he was tired.

He looked adorable then.

I bit my lip at the thought. I was happy he cleared up the issue with Esther. It was something that deeply worried me.

I didn't want to share him with anyone.
Closing time came faster than expected, I packed up my bags ignoring Killian's calls and texts to see me.

I didn't want to tell him because I knew he wouldn't let me.

He would be stubborn about it even if he doesn't see it my way. It was better if he was left in the dark.

I ordered a cab that took me to that address. I held my breath as I approached the door.

Here goes nothing. I knocked.

The house was silent for a while before I heard footsteps coming to the door. I squared my shoulders and brightened my smile to suit the occasion.

The door swung open and I found myself staring into Andrew's shocked face.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed,
I smiled at him despite his attitude, it was important to keep your composure no matter how sick you were.

"I came to see you. Heard I was popular in your list of demands." I informed him.

"Honey! Who is at the door?" A female voice called out.

My jaw went slack with shock, he was married?

"You are married," I stated.

"Yes, I am." He said sadly.

"Are you going to invite me in?" I asked.

He looked at me suspiciously. He was probably wondering what my motive was.

But I had bigger plans up my sleeve.
He opened the door wider as he let me in.

His house was beautiful.

He led me through the sitting room where his wife and kids were sitting, they were all watching a movie.

"Honey, we have a visitor" he announced to his wife gently.

"Okay, kids go upstairs." He ordered his kids. They didn't waste time following his orders.

She looked up and I smiled at her, she was very beautiful.

"And who might you be dear?" She asked as her eyes narrowed.

"Good evening ma'am. My name is Catalina and I am Killian Black's assistant." I said in a steady tone.

"Oh yes! Killian. Such a gentle soul."
I almost burst out laughing, I exchanged gaze with Andrew who shook his head.

So his wife had no idea of what he had been up to. It wasn't my place to tell and I didn't want to do so either.

It might end up ruining their marriage.

"Did he send you?" She asked,

Choosing the dramatic way, I knelt in front of his wife. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"I came to pleas with your husband not to pull out of the deal he made with Mr. Black." I pleaded with her.

She stared at her husband, "You are pulling out of the deal?" Then to me, she said, "Stand up dear, I will get to the bottom of this." She said.

I nodded as I stood up, smiling at her when she smiled at me.

"It's complicated but didn't he tell you?" Andrew explained.

I shook my head, "Sure, his company took a hit but he weathered the crisis. Sure, business is a bit slow but he will survive."

"But..." I tried to argue but he cut me off.

"I on the other hand was good and now I am barely scraping by even though I wasn't affected." He finished.

"That's bad, dear. You never told me any of this." His wife complained.

"I know honey, I didn't want to bother you with boring work talk." He said.

I could see on his face that Andrew was embarrassed, his plans backfired and he was struggling with his company.

"Maybe you can put in a good word for me to Killian and let me come back." He suggested.

"I would do that. Thank you" I said to both of them.

They both nodded as Andrew walked me out, we had gotten to the door when he held me by the arm.

"I appreciate you coming to talk to me despite the situation and I am deeply grateful that you didn't say anything to my wife."

I opened my lips once again to speak but he wasn't done.

"I am sorry for that other night and for being the cause of all of this. I am sorry. I understand you might have been put in a difficult situation in your place of work."

"You have no idea, but thank you for the apology. I would talk to Killian for you." I said as I walked away.

I took a cab straight to the villa, it was dark so I turned on the light.

I let out a little scream.

Killian was sitting in a chair staring right at me.

"You scared me," I said as I placed my hand on my chest to calm my racing heart.

I felt a wave of fear as his cold eyes cut into mine.

"Where have you been?" He asked, his voice cold enough to cut Antarctica.