A Rock And A Hard Wall

"Surprised?" She asked in a snarky tone.

"No, been meaning to come to talk to you," I inform her.

"What for?"

"I just wanted to clarify that I had no hand in your transfer."

"I know that, silly. That's not why I pulled you in here."

"Then why did you?" I questioned her.
"Are you not entertaining one of Killian's clients?" She asked,

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Her question was confusing.

"What?"

"Have you slept with any of his clients yet?" She repeated
.
"No, that's your area of expertise, remember?" I taunt her.

Her smile slipped from her face as a scowl replaced it. I smiled back at her.

"Remember, I warned you," Alice advised.

"What's going on? You are not telling me anything." I plead with her.

"I told you the last time that Andrew was interested in you but you don't know who he is and what he is capable of."

"What?"

"Andrew asked Killian to give you to him for a night and he refused. So now, Killian is stressed because Andrew is petty enough to pull all his funds and cancel business with Killian." Alice explained.

My eyes widened, that man was so petty. He wants to close down his business with us.

"I didn't know about this." I shook my head sadly.

"Yes, and Killian had spent time trying to build that financial gap with Andrew for years.

It would hurt this company if Andrew decides to withdraw."

"My God! I had no idea all this was happening. He didn't tell me." I informed her.

"You are his secretary, you should know. What good are you when you can't even help your boss?" She asked,
I ignored the jab as I thought. She felt like she could do better.

Well, she could. She could just sleep with the client and end this once after all.

I was so torn and sad, I thought he was being an ass but he was genuinely tired from dealing with Andrew and trying to save his company from going down completely.

I was so selfish.

Then it means he just wanted to get the massage and physical relaxation from all the stress he has been undergoing.

My heart went out to him.

He was doing all of this to prevent me from sleeping with Andrew. He was trying so hard to keep his and not let any other man touch me.

I was moved.

It was like the first part of my dream when he wanted to throw punches in exchange for my honor.

"Earth to Catalina." Alice snapped her fingers in front of me.

I reverted to her, "Hmm?" I asked,

"Did you listen to me at all?"

"I did, I am trying to figure out a solution," I tell her.

She glared at me, "This makes no sense. The solution is staring at you right in the face." She pushed.

I shook my head, "I am never sleeping with Andrew." I tell her.

The pain registered before the slap as it landed on my cheek.

"What the hell?" I asked as I cradled my cheek.

"That's for being selfish."

"You are one to talk, you are the one pressuring me to go sleep with a man I barely know just to stop him from backing out of a deal. That sounds like your area of expertise." I say calmly.

She glared at me, I returned her glare too.

She couldn't intimidate me anymore, I was no longer obligated to stay in her good graces.

"I am going to leave you with two things before I go. I lifted my hand to count them. Holding a finger up.
" one, the next time you raise your hands on me," I stepped closer to her to scare her.

She stepped back immediately out of fear, I rose to my full height as I stood taller than her.

"I will break every finger in your hand. Two," I held up the second finger.

"I don't have to sleep with a client to get him to cancel on the deal. I have brains and I am not afraid to use them." I said to Alice.

"We all grow," I muttered to myself
.
Alice nodded, lifting my chin with her hand she examined my face.

"I am sorry I slapped you." She said.

"Apology accepted. I am not your enemy Alice." I said to her.

All this was because she thought I wanted to sleep with Andrew. I met the guy once yet I struggled to keep my lunch down.

I don't know how she does it but I can never.

"I know, I am sorry once again." She said as she left the bathroom.

I sighed out of relief. Now that everything was settled, I needed to help Killian figure out how to keep Andrew.

Turns out I have been being a brat as he searched for a solution as she put it out there.

If I resign, I won't get to have Killian's protection and I would be left vulnerable to the likes of Andrew.

I didn't any that.

I can't sleep with him because I didn't want to and Killian won't allow it. It's not something I should suggest to him.

I left the empty office and headed to mine, my mind working desperately to figure out a solution for this.

Alice was right, I couldn't just sit back and do nothing while Killian suffered alone. It would be selfish of me to even do that.

I would look ungrateful if I resigned even if I am willing to forget the protection I asked for in the first place.

I paced around the hallway a bit even as I walked, I was hoping the walk would clear my head and give me fresh ideas but I drew up a blank.

I got to my office and unlocked the door, breathing in the clean air that circulated it.

I had just settled down on my chair when a light bulb struck.

Why hadn't I thought of that? I almost face-palmed myself.

I had a great idea!