Bitchy Lady

Morning came just like every other day but this time the birds were singing and I joined in.

My night was so short because my body was hyped up from the excitement of having a new job or working with Killian.

I didn't have the energy to shout at my flatmate for keeping me up at night with her sexual sounds, so I let it go.

I would start searching for a place to live once the money starts rolling in.
Standing in front of the mirror, I made sure to take extra care of my appearance today.

Dressed in a pleated skirt and a button-down blouse, I looked good enough to work in an office instead of the usual scrubs I wore.

I grabbed my bag and headed to work.
I needed to see Hr to tender my resignation and inform them properly.

I said a few hellos to my colleagues, they turned their heads twice to stare at me.

They have never seen me in a skirt before. It's the usual jeans for me.

"Hey Catalina, looking good." Danny praised me when I bumped into him.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself."

"Stop it!" He deadpanned.

He went on his way while I went to settle my case with Hr. It was easy seeing as Killian already made the call.

They didn't want to anger the big boss on my behalf. I was to be given a severance check and a recommendation, not as I needed it.

I was done here.

I headed upstairs to the private elevators, I brushed my skirt to straighten it when something caught my eye.

It was Esther, she was inching away from the private elevator. I almost laughed.

Was she avoiding me?

What exactly did Killian say to her?
She was going out of her way now to not repeat that night, but this was just pathetic.

I slid in when the doors opened and started my ride to the executive floor, once again I felt nervous like I was being summoned by the principal for the second time this week.

I said a little prayer just as the doors opened and I was face to face with a woman, a very beautiful woman. Her clothes were tailored to fit her and her hair was pulled back in a professional bun.

She seemed to be arranging files on top of Killian's desk, something that should only be done by me since I am the assistant.

I frowned immediately, stepping forward.

"Good morning," I greeted.

She stopped arranging the files with a scowl to glance at me, "I am busy," she barked.

I withdrew, "excuse you?" I snapped back immediately.

She froze, her eyes widening at my tone. She pursed her lips as she regarded me with a look like I was beneath her.

"Who are you?" The words tumbled out of her red-painted lips.

I scoffed, choosing not to answer at that moment. She seemed to get the idea because she lifted her lips in a snarl but the doors opened.

"Ahhh, I am glad you two have met." He said.

I straightened my spine just as I got a whiff of his cologne. His looks as usual were impeccable and tailored just like his suits.

"Good morning, boss." I greeted cheerfully.

He narrowed his eyes at me making my smile falter. "Alice, this is Catalina. She is the new assistant I hired so you can train her." He turns to me,

"This is Alice, she is in charge of public relations."

I nod, I didn't know what to say to her.

She continued arranging the file as Killian spoke to her. The way he spoke to me yesterday was gone and in his place was someone the public recognized more than I did.

The cold businessman.

He gave off his orders to Alice who stood and nodded through it all, he never acknowledged me for once and I figured he didn't want anyone to think otherwise but it still hurt.

"Catalina, Alice would show you the ropes and give you the basic training. I expect the best behavior from you as soon as you commit to this work." He said firmly.

"I will handle her, you can go. You have a meeting right now." Alice said.

I resisted the urge to glare at her, I am not some project she can manage. Killian left with those words, it was like the passion died last night and I was back to being an ordinary being in front of him.

Alice dropped her fake smile once he left to address me.

"So..."

I turned to look at her, lifting a brow in the process. A few minutes ago, she acted like I was at the bottom of a barrel and now she wants to make a conversation.

Bitch.

"Did you sleep with him?" She asked,

"Excuse me?" I asked,

My heart was beating so fast, the question bothered me for some reason. I hope everyone doesn't think it's the only reason I was hired.

"I asked, have you slept with Killian?" She asked a little louder this time.

"I don't see how that is any of your business, your job is to train me so I can serve him well and do my job properly," I say as politely as I could.

Her smile never wavered as she took my answer. She seemed to believe me because she nodded her head and let out a little laugh.

"Come, we have work to do." She said as she grabbed some files and headed out.

We passed the conference room on the way, it was transparent and I could see Killian paying close attention to the person in charge. His top button was undone and it gave me a peak of his chest.

His eyes met mine through the glass and he gave me a little smirk. I ducked my head immediately as I passed.

The simple smirk that turned a night of passion into a notebook burned in my memory.

-----------------

I am so sorry for the late updates, my network has been bad.
🥰🥰