Dismissed

I remained silent for the rest of the day as I worked. I didn't take the dismissal literally.

I had a lot of work to take care of since Alice no longer worked in the department.

She had left a lot of work behind as her parting gift. It was something we were supposed to work on together but sadly she left.

I just wish there was a way to explain to her that it wasn't my fault.

I didn't know she was going to get transferred just like I didn't know Killian was going to promote someone right after sleeping with the person.

The incident from earlier still plagued my mind but I decided to let it go, it was disrespectful that I was standing right outside waiting for him as he had asked and he was busy fucking someone else.

I was just tempted to match over to his office and give him a piece of my mind than a little bit of my fist for being an asshole.

Just a little of my fist, but I calmed down. I had gone straight to the bathroom after his dismissal and splashed water on my face.

I said to myself in the mirror to calm down and breathe, marching right in there won't do me any good.

Knowing him, he would fire me immediately.

It wasn't worth losing my job over.

He and Alice had spent a lot of time together in their work, enough for him to know Alice's secret desires and he still transferred her without blinking.

He wouldn't hesitate to fire me if I tried anything that didn't suit well to me well.

And that was my problem, I was expandable and on borrowed time.

I didn't see Killian for the rest of the day, it was like he shut off from the world and remained in his office for the rest of the day.

He had canceled all his meetings and appointments, it was kind of strange but I didn't question him, not when I was supposed to be dismissed.

I didn't want to risk getting fired with the kind of mood he was in.

I focused on work till it was time to leave, I packed my bags and was ready to go. He knew I was still here.

I glanced back and nothing from his end, no phone call, no texts, or any form of acknowledgment from him.

I was eager to leave so he wouldn't call me into his office for another late-night sex but none of that happened.

He was radio silent.

A part of me felt happy that I wasn't leaving with him but another part of me still wanted him, the silent treatment wasn't doing me any good.

I got to the villa and went straight to the shower, I had some leftover mac and cheese which I heated and ate right away before going to shower.

I had on my nightie and grabbed a book to keep me busy, I read for a little over an hour and it was time to sleep.

I almost let out a scream when my bedroom door opened and Killian walked in like he had every right to be there.

I stared at him and he returned my stare.

I shook my head.

He came.

He went in the direction of my bathroom to take a shower while I thought about what to do with him.

Should I act normal or just plain ask him what the hell crawled up his butt and died?

No, that would warrant punishment. It was better I kept my mouth shut and watched him.

I opened my book and pretended to keep reading just to wait for him, I needed to hear what he had to say about his new attitude.

The water stopped running and I kept my face blank of emotions as the door opened.

He came out to dry his hair with a towel, I simply stared, my lips salivated but I kept the hungry expression to the minimum.

I didn't want him to see how much he affected me despite his attitude.

He climbed into bed with me, pulling me into his arms and closing his eyes.

Seriously.

That's it?

I expected him to tie me up and have his wicked way with me, to release all the anger and tension he has been carrying all day.

My shoulders were tensed in disappointment as I untangled myself from his arms. He moved but he was still asleep.

I stared at his face for a long time, he had stubble on his chin and he looked tired.

I pitied him.

Maybe he had a lot of work today and that's why he remained in his office, but the deal with Esther and not saying a word to me the whole day still irritated me.

I warned myself not to get overly attached again. Men like Killian don't fall in love with girls like me.

We were only there for their amusement and pleasure till they found someone new and better to entertain them.

I would focus on work from now on instead of Killian, if he wants to dump me and get someone new then I won't let it affect my job.

It was the best job I have gotten handed to me and the salary was more than enough.

I didn't want to lose that.

I turned off the lights on my side of the bed, plunging us into darkness and letting my thoughts creep over me.

I would stop obsessing over Killian and focus on my work. I said this about five times to convince myself to let the whole thing go.

I stayed away practicing my detachment and hoping I do like my head says.

The heart could be stupid sometimes.

I felt the tiredness from the day's stress consume me as I let out a yawn.

I didn't fight it,  I succumbed to the darkness as it came for me, luring me to deep sleep.