The Green Eyed Monster

I was fuming.

No, fuming was an understatement. I was furious.

Did he bring me down here just to keep me outside?

I was curious, I wanted to know what was going on in there, behind those closed doors, and the reason why Esther would smirk at me.

She knows something that I don't and that alone infuriated me.

Esther became a manager because she is the best at what she does, but it still irked me as to why Killian would choose her to massage him instead of me.

Is there something going on that I didn't know?

Between the both of them, there were some shared looks that I didn't understand, maybe that's why she stared at me with a smirk.

I shook my head, it couldn't be.

I shouldn't be putting those thoughts in my head.

I clicked my tongue as I counted to ten in my head, willing myself to calm down and think properly.

It didn't help that I had the dream and now, Killian was acting like an asshole.
I have never been so confused in my life.

Was he trying to get a reaction out of me or he was simply tired of having me as his slave?

I paced the hallways of the massage parlor, ignoring the looks the staff and clients gave me.

It was about an hour when he came out, looking all relaxed and casual about the whole thing, not minding that I had been turning myself inside out to figure out what was wrong with him and me.

The door opened and the first thing I saw was Esther's wide grin and satisfied look.

A frown came on my face immediately as I stared at their interaction.

They seem to be discussing something between the both of them.

Esther sent a malicious smile my way as soon as she saw my glare. My heart dropped.

It couldn't be.

They had sex?

No! I tried to convince myself.

The same way he approached me, with a message and an offer to be his slave.

Did he ask the same thing of Esther?

I was so curious and yet so angry to know the kind of person Killian was.

I waited patiently for them to finish whispering but it didn't look like they were going to be through any time soon.

I crossed my hands over my chest as I glued at the top of their heads. If they weren't done with the conversation then they should have remained indoors.

There was no need to act excessively.
I rolled my eyes, looking at the time on my watch.

I was missing out on a lot of work yet here I was doing nothing but staring at this heartless bastard trying to score another slave to his bed.

Now I know how Alice felt when she felt threatened and jealous of my presence.

Unable to take it anymore, I cleared my throat alerting them of my presence.

They both looked to stare at me.

Esther had a victory glint in her eye while Killian had his blank expression, as usual, I wasn't bothered.

"Are you done?" I directed the question to Killian.

He stared at me emotionlessly then he turned to Esther to finish their conversation.

"You are promoted." He told her.

My jaw dropped open, he was promoting her?

"Thank you, sir. You won't regret it." Esther said shyly.

Esther was never shy. What happened there?

She smiled sheepishly at him when he nodded. She left the room leaving just me and Killian, who wouldn't meet my gaze.

I was certain they had sex and now, he was promoting her just like he did me.

I thought we had something deeper going than just a slave and master relationship but apparently, I was wrong.

He didn't care about me.

As long as I satisfied his needs in bed then I was important to him.

I kept the tears at bay just as they threatened to fall. I won't let him see me fall apart.

Not if I had anything to say about it.

"You promoted her?" I asked,

"Yes, she asked for a promotion." He said curtly.

I nodded, of course, she did. That treacherous snake.

"Is there a problem?" He asked,

There were a lot of problems. Are we going to start working on a timetable for who gets to have you?

So many questions I needed to ask but I simply kept mute.

"No." I shook my head.

He nodded and moved quickly to the elevator, all I could think about was Esther calling him master just like I do.

I was nothing special, just another notch on his bedpost.

I had thought I was getting to him when he bought me a house and chose to protect me but he was just fulfilling an obligation as his slave.

He wouldn't look at me.

Yesterday he was all over me like a rash and now, we were both in an elevator and he chose to stare at his phone instead.

"Is there anything else you would like me to do for you, sir?" I asked in the sweetest voice I could imagine.

He was silent for a while as he stared at his phone. I shrugged as I minded my business.

"No, you are dismissed for the day." He said finally.

I waited, expecting him to say something else but there was nothing but silence.

I gulped, my heart betraying me from wanting validation from him.

I shuffled my feet to get his attention but he pretty much ignored him.

I have never felt like a dirty whore till this moment.

His cold eyes came up to meet mine, revealing nothing but reminding me about the dream that still haunted me even now.

The elevator doors opened and he stepped inside his office leaving me to stare at his retreating.

From the rush of air around my ears to the blurry vision.

The last sound I remember hearing was the sound of my heart breaking just as the doors closed.

........................
Cheers to 500k you guys, thank you so much. I have no words for this but I have three chapters to give you.
I love you and thank you for reading my book.🥰