~30~: Escape!

Once the bubble popped, I was left a bit speechless. There was no evidence that the crown prince was ever here besides his escorts. Then there was the tower master looking at us and smiling as well. Personally, I didn't like that smile at all. It meant that either something was about to happen or he knew something or he was way too pleased. I was for the latter since I couldn't see the crown prince and it reminded me a bit about his crazy ass side like every other person in this world including me. So I was definitely the wrong person to judge about this.

"Did something happen?"

"It's fine. You don't have to worry about anything."

"SENSEI!"

Ilya kinda interrupted our moment as he came running towards us and immediately hugged his sensei. The poor guy looked hurt and I really wanted to heal him up a bit but keeping my ability secret was a bit higher in the priority list. Besides it was not some life threatening wounds which is why I let it be. Nonetheless Ilya came running and crying his eyes out. The poor guy must have been frightened that he would be an orphan. This was his home after all and I knew his backstory a bit which was devastating. The book didn't mention much but they did say he had a hard life where he nearly got into slavery.

"Ilya, calm down my boy."

"I was soo worried!"

"It's fine. I am alright as you can see."

"But you didn't seem like that when we got here."

"I was just a bit surprised."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am fine."

"Don't do this ever again or I'll snatch your rank away."

What kind of threat is that supposed to be?

You will be more powerful in the future and will be the magic tower owner as well!

So in some senses you are gonna for sure snatch that role away.

"I am fine Ilya. Now how about you let me go now?"

"But!"

"Ilya, you are a big boy. Vivi is even younger than you. What do you want to look like in front of her?"

"You are right....I am not weak..."

I found it funny and wanted nothing else than to laugh out loud but I was a dragon and besides it would have hurt Ilya's feelings if I would have started laughing like crazy at this point. He was cute and all but he was also very sensitive. I already knew that he wanted to look strong and cool in front of everyone, especially me but there were just these small moments where he was a clueless child filled with emotions. This was one of these moments for sure.

"Vivi, how are you feeling?"

"Good, why?"

"You are covered in blood."

"Oh..."

"Let me guess, not yours?"

"Yeah it is not mine."

"I am sorry that you had to deal with a lot of people on your own."

"We wanted to help you out and they would have attacked me anyways..."

"Yes and this is why you shouldn't have come here."

"But if we didn't, I fear you would have been in a worse state."

"...."

I made sure only to talk to the tower master for the last part. He and I knew both that he would have died right here. There was just nothing he could have done without magic and that black stone was limiting him while it took all the mana around him as well. To put it simply, he was nothing but a normal human being without any powers surrounded by knights pointing their swords at the poor man.