~46~: Help Request

While me and my brother were outside talking, all of the sudden the party started to get a lot louder which made us worry. We were both not able to ignore the tumult which was happening inside and immediately rushed to see what was going on. Looking at both our faces was worrying. It didn't take to be a detective to know what Ryan was thinking. We were both talking about a war earlier and nothing good could such a commotion mean.

Without any kind of stop, we rushed into the banquet room to see all the people there still in place but there were soldiers who just marched inside. They didn't seem to be the soldiers of the duchy at all.

"Stay back..."

My brother stopped me before I could step out in front of them and held my hand. He was worried but I didn't really get why. Who were these knights and what were they doing here? They seemed to ignore all the guest and were directly marching in. I could see why the guest went screaming earlier since these knights didn't care about casualties or hurting anyone at all.

"The crown has requested the help of the church in their mission to eradicate the evil dragons offspring."

All the people were starting to get nervous since they knew that Ryan was here. The knights on the other hand didn't notice that my brother was standing right behind me. Then again, it didn't seem as if they cared a lot anyways.

This head knight went straight for the middle of the room and then announced this before even seeing where anyone was. Of course Micheal had to react to the call and came out of the crowd of guests. He seemed calm but who could be calm in this situation? This child had just a really good poker face that was all. I even doubted that he knew what to do right now. It was quite a cruel world that such a young child would be actually forced to take up a leading role. He should enjoy his youth but that was definitely not possible with such a threatening future.

"I am Micheal del Gracio, the current leader and high priest leading this church. How may we help?"

"The crown has requested for the church to standby and watch the battle from the side as well as heal our injured knights."

"May I ask why there is a war going on and when this is happening?"

"It is currently in process. Tonight the first attack will happen and thus requested the help of the church immediately."

"I see but why would the crown attack the Underwoods' duchy?"

"Are you defying the crown right now?"

"I am the leader of the CHURCH! The church isn't something the crown can order around."

"Refusal will be seen as treason."

"I guess, this is treason then. It would be our death penalty to wage a war against the duchy anyways. THE KING IS A FOOL!"

I was shocked to see Micheal burst out screaming like this. I knew he hated the crown and all but this was a bit excessive especially with all these knights armed and ready to strike down at my friend. Still he continued to talk and he was ready to expose the crown. Maybe this was the right situation or it may also be the complete opposite of that. However it was necessary to speak up. I knew that. Yet if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be able to do what he was doing right now.

"Don't you fear the oracle? I am sure the king has told his loyal knights the cause of the war. Yet that fool refuses to accept the true oracle."

People around us started to talk and they all seemed confused. No one ever heard about such an oracle and that was to be expected with the crown silencing them all and even go so far as to kill a huge amount of holy people of the church that even the floor was stained red from all the blood.