~50~: The warside...everything is possible!

We continued marching the whole night. There was a carriage for me and one for the new pope Micheal. Well he was not officially the new pope but he was close enough to it since there was no pope anymore. That old geezer wouldn't have survived the night for sure. There was no way he would with what Ryan told me and besides a holy knight was put on it as well too. If that man survived the night then heads up. He just managed something even a magician wouldn't be able to do.

I wonder how bad the war scene is....

I heard that they are using beasts and demons but how and why?

Don't they fear that their own men will be sacrificed or do they not care?

Since I was alone in my carriage, I used most of the time to just think about what we will encounter and prepare my mind for it as well as sleep. This body was still a child's body and no matter how much I wanted to stay awake, my eyes would start to close themselves and sooner or later I was fast asleep for half the ride. Now we were currently just a couple of hours away from the war side.

The soldiers already split up in groups and now it was just us left. With us I mean some holy knights as well as Micheal. We were placed in a safe place but I didn't know if that was really a good idea yet. I mean we both may not be that much of a help but he still possessed some holy power as well. There must have been something he could do as well. This thought was going on and on in my mind. I tried to think about something else but I couldn't at all.

What if we came there as well?

I can fight as a dragon.

My flames should be some kind of help to them....

But what about Micheal?!

I can't let him be alone!

What if they come and attack us from here?

I wasn't so sure what to do anymore. If I would go to the warside, then maybe I could help them but if I went there and left Micheal alone then I would never, ever, be able to forgive myself if something would happen to him. Most of the knights were not here and there was really no doubt that the holy knights were skilled but I never could make sure if there was a traitor among them or not. Besides I also didn't know if they really could fight off a beast. I never knew if they already thought a beast like that before or how they would react to one at all. The human mind was after all something complex. They might be brave and fight back but what if they decide to abandon Micheal? What then? I simply couldn't risk that at all.

While I was deep in my thoughts, my carriage stopped and I heard a knock at the door.

"Vivi, we have arrived."

"Ah, Micheal. I'm coming."

"No need for that. I wanted to ask if you want to rest a bit more before coming out? We have yet to put up some tents."

"I am fine."

To be completely honest, I was not fine. I was nervous. I didn't know how things were going on and I was really worried about my brother and all the soldiers who just went ahead to fight off the beasts and demons. We were at war and each second which we were doing nothing, was a second where a soldier could fall.

When Micheal called out to me, I needed a bit to prepare my mind a bit more before I opened the door. I knew I wouldn't be fighting in the war directly right now but I also had no intention of leaving things be. I felt something in my chest that was calling me and urging me to go to the direction where the main fight was going on. It was as if I was needed there. I just couldn't shake off that feeling that that was where I should be right now. That was where I could help the most.