~48~: The start of the war

Meanwhile at the warsight

The moment the king's soldiers managed to pass the point of no going back and got into the duchies theretory, Oliver got informed of it immediately. However his father and his brothers were already ready to fight off all evil. He himself was to stand back and watch the castle for any kind of news. The young man couldn't stop being worried but he knew that his father was one of the most powerful mens in their family of all time with the dragon blood flowing in them. He had faith in them and he would pray for their victory.

The duke and his two sons went out to the field they estimated the battle to take place. For them this battle was the last resort which would determine who would win and live. They all knew what was at stake here. Needless to say that none of the men wanted to lose their lives much less their loved ones.

"They released the beasts!"

"How many of them?"

"From what the first squadron reported they were around 10 different kind of beasts."

"How much can they fight off?"

"Father, they are our knights which Oliver and Ryan trained personally. They can handle this situation."

"Good."

"We have another problem though."

"What's wrong brother?"

"I don't think that the beast are just normal beast from what is written in this report."

"What do you mean?"

"They all report that these beasts are fast and that their skin is rather hard and penetrating the skin would is more than just difficult but look at this small picture they put inside."

"That's impossible!"

"Exactly! These beasts shouldn't be fast at all and yet they are. They also shouldn't look like this completely."

"What are you saying?"

"I fear they have experimented on them."

"That lunatic!"

The duke was together with his both sons in a small tactical camp they had set up before the war broke out. It was the best place to have a tactical retreat and a gathering to discuss the process of the battle while their men were fighting the beast off. For now they had sent out the first and second squadron to deal with the beasts which were released. Needless to say that all the mens were skilled and had enough experience to kill a beast. Still it was no easy feat for them as well. They were after all just normal human beings.

One of the duke's sons was the manager of the library. He himself loved books more than the real world and as such his knowledge was unparalleled to anyones. If this brother said that something was wrong then, the duke as well as the other brother would listen to it. However, hearing that the beasts were modified made them alarmed about the state in which they would go in.

"Any weakness to this madness?"

"I need to see a dead beast for that."

"Then go and be careful."

"Yes, father! I'll return soon."

With that being said one of the brothers left the tent while the other was still staying there together with his father. All these two individuals were waiting for was a note that the war had broken out completely. For now they knew that all that was to this attack was to lure out all their men and make them exhausted for the real fight.

"Father, I don't like this. They have too many beasts."

"You have noticed this as well."

"Yes, why else would they send 10 beasts for the first round? They must have something else in stock for us."