~49~: The mages arrival

Meanwhile at the magical tower

The magic tower owner Aneko made all preparations before they headed out. In short, they had an enormous amount of explosive and healing potions. If the rumors about a demonic beast were true then they were for sure about to need the explosives. Of course it was still a threat to the soldiers on the field but it would be still a better option to have some more power on their hand then to let all the soldiers die on the battlefield in vain.

Aneko knew after what had happened that day, that he had to make sure that his own magicians would be able to properly fight. One day, sooner rather than later, they had to go to war. His instincts were telling him that. If not, why would the crown prince dared to attack them this fast and with that many soldiers that day. On the other hand, he also knew that he would have lost his life if it wasn't for Viviana. In short, he could only think about what would have happened if the crown had succeeded back then.

"Sensei, all the magicians are ready."

"Thank you Ilya."

"Are we really going to go help them?"

"Yes."

"But isn't a war dangerous to us?"

"Ilya, one day you will be the next magician tower owner. I want you and the other magicians to live in peace and not fear nor have to bow down to anyone."

"I thought we are only helping out here."

"We are but know if the Underwoods die, then our lives will be next."

"I never knew this is that bad."

"It is. The crown has no boundaries and the only thing that is keeping them from taking over the magical tower are the Underwoods. They protected us from any danger for years. It is now our turn to help them."

"I understand."

For little Ilya, the war was something he couldn't have even dreamed in his nightmares about. Actually he never wanted to participate in this war but his Sensei told him that he had to come with him as his private student. The weight he had to shoulder was big but the kid already knew about his future. All his teachers have pointed it out to him. It didn't take a genius to know that he would one day succeed his sensei. After all, his sensei never took any private students up. Yet here he was having his sensei being the tower master. Of course Ilya was very happy over that fact but it was also scary to think about it. He never wanted to imagine losing his master at all.

"What should I do if it becomes dangerous?"

"Ilya, we are mages. We solve the situation and don't worry, you won't be in danger."

"How do you know?"

"I know because you will be by my side and we will be with the duke."

"The duke? You mean that old man Vivi ran away?"

"She didn't run away and yes, I mean that old man."

"If she didn't run away then what?"

"She had her own mission and went on her way to it."

"What mission?"

"Only she would know about it."

"But wouldn't it be easier to go on a mission with friends?"

"Maybe but there are things that everyone has to do on their own."

"Like you are managing the magic tower?"

"Exactly."

Ilya was still young and he didn't know much about the world. Aneko once found Ilya while he was on a small errand. The poor boy was around 4 years back then. He was alone on the streets and didn't have anyone at all. However Ilya possessed a keen sense of magic and knew how to use it to his own advantage even back then. This was what made Aneko curious about the kid who even dared to steal something from him and threaten him with his own little small magical power. It turned out that the child was not even dumb. So in the end Aneko gave the kid a chance and could see him throwing in the magic tower. The amount of magical abilities the kid possessed was astonishing even for Aneko. He knew that one day, Ilya would lead the magic tower to their peak glory.