~59~: For a better future!

I flew over the vast range of the land and found it really pleasant. The people were all staring at me as I flew over small cities, villagers and even just houses. Each of them stopped working and looked at me while I flew over it back to the duchy. I didn't really know where Ryan was but I had to get him to the capital. If Ryan wouldn't be there, I would make sure to find him somewhere else.

Ah it just feels great to fly!

"Wow..."

It seemed as if my father was astonished to fly for the very first time. To be honest, I forgot that he was on my back when I was up there enjoying the wind against my face. It was just soo nice. Besides that there was no rain, and no bad weather. Best time to fly, if I say so myself.

"Father, do you think Ryan is at home?"

"He should be. While we went to the Capital, they made their way back home."

"Alright....hold on tight!"

"Will do. Don't worry about me."

"ROAAAAAARRRRRR!

I let out a roar before I started dropping down to gain a bit more speed and fly over the trees and everything else. It was a different experience and I thought my father would like this one as well, which is why I was now flying about a meter above the treelines and speeding up. I didn't really know how long the normal carriage ride would take us to get back but flying was without a doubt the fastest method here.

A couple of villages later and some forest further, I found our duchy and started slowing down as I flew over the city and started closing up the castle. All the people below me started cheating and I could hear them but ignored them since I had a destination to get to. Sooner or later I finally got back home and had the duke come out to greet me. Just to make sure about one thing, I didn't ask for my grandfather to come out or for Emi and the knights or my brothers and all the others to come out. They simply did when they heard the horns signal.

Slowly I landed down on the ground and let my father slide down before looking at them in my dragon form. Some have seen me already but others didn't.

"WOW look at you sis!"

"Welcome back my dear granddaughter."

A nod was all I did before shifting back. This time I had the magic around me to reconstruct the dress I was wearing including the veil. Magic was quite handy especially when I was now able to fully control it. I don't know what happened but ever after I woke up after the war, I could feel everything sharper. Besides that I just needed to think about what I wanted to do in order for it to happen. It was so weird and I didn't have any explanation for it at all.

"Glad to be back."

"Sis....."

"Ah Alex still doesn't know..."

"Pffff-"

"That's not fair! I wanted to have a little sister!"

"Shut up Alex."

"But Ryan!"

"She saved us all."

"I know but still.. I could have spoiled her soo much..."

Every single person started laughing thanks to that statement but we didn't have much time to spare. Of course now that the king was gone, there wouldn't be any immediate threat. That is if it was considered that the state wasn't working properly was a good thing. The current threat we had was the neighboring countries to find this out and start attacking us. The duchy and its people were the sword and the shield of this country. They wouldn't let this happen easily from our side. However, what about the other sides of the country? We were just in the furthest corner after all.