~26~: Hidden in the attack!

The state of the tower was quite chaotic when we all arrived. I could see at the ground some soldiers entering the tower and they definitely were in numbers. If anyone asked me if the magicians had a chance to survive the attack, then I would say no since they all didn't want to die because of treason.

SHIT!

I need to do something now!

If more enter this will be problematic!

I should probably think more about what I was doing but was there really a time for that? I saw how many there were and Ilya was heading right where they were as well. If he would continue with his speed he would meet these soldiers and that would definitely be his doom. I couldn't have that at all not after I kinda got closer to the both of them. They helped me survive out here and teach me some useful stuff. It was only thanks to them that I was still alive.

Who knew how the world would have reacted if I would have simply just gone out of the forest?! I was sure I would be dead meat! I saw how they looked at the dukes family for not being normal than what about a full fledged dragon? Would the people accept something like that?

Personally.... I don't think so.

WHY?!

Why would the prince attack the tower?!

That doesn't make any sense at all!

Only...

I won't even think about this!

What if he knew that the tower and the duchy were working close together?

That would be a solid reason...

But how should he have known that?

No one besides the head butler and the head of the family should know about this!

I hated to suspect the head butler Delca but then I remembered a very important part of the story. The two parties didn't contact each other via birds or magic or letters. In fact the duke was using a messenger fox which was trained for this and the magic tower on the other hand was using a squirrel. Both these animals were common around these areas and no one would suspect one in the middle of the night running around. However, what if someone indeed knows about this fact? What if they had someone intervene with this? Maybe the spy saw the squirrel or the fox with the small piece of paper. If that was true all they had to do was trace back the animal and they would know about the contact.

Let's worry about this later!

I am sure father and grandfather have the spy under control.

Let's focus on this problem first!

I should be able to create a way for Ilya and the wolves to come forward and take care of this for now....

"ROAAAARRRRR!"

After giving that signal, I dropped to the ground at a rather sharp angle and with a lot of speed before I pulled myself up again and was flying above their heads. Not only that but I somehow started to breathe fire which even surprised me. Like I was angry seeing them all be down there and marching in not caring about anything at all. They were all ready to kill the poor people inside which had nothing to do with everything. I just couldn't stand this thought and my body reacted to it.

"AAAAAHHHH"

"DRAGON!"

"RETREAT!"

"NO, WE HAVE TO ATTACK!"

"RETREAT YOU FOOL!"

I could hear their voices and they were all not in sync at all. One could tell that the soldier broke the formation in order to escape my wrath. I was just angry and I didn't have any control of my blood lust aura. It may not be as bad as back then in the ballroom but it was no less than any other demonic beast for sure. The only difference this time was that my opponents were all armed and ready to kill me. Not only that but they could deal with my aura. It probably was less powerful since I was focusing more on my fire breath.