~22~: Dragons and Wizards...

Where I was laying, I could see the kid and the wizard clearly. Not only that but I could also hear them perfectly fine as well. If I were a human, I would definitely not be able to hear them this clear since they were not shouting nor talking loud. Still it was just something else which amazed me. I definitely had to say, dragons were something else on the positive side not negative one.

"Ilya, did you eat something wrong?"

HAHAHAHAHAH

I can't believe the first thing he said.

"No! You know that I did that once! Just once!"

"Are you sure?"

"I am!"

"Then where is the dragon?"

"Over there!"

I could tell that the kid was pointing at me but I could also tell that it would be hard to actually spot me up on the tree. It was dense and my scales were also white which for sure would make it hard or not. It was just that my scales didn't have any contrast and I was just happy that this tree could completely cover me. Better safe than sorry!

"You mean by the tree?"

"In the tree not by the tree. You scared the dragon away!"

"I will personally eat my hat if there is one."

Isn't it good that you don't have a hat right now?

Also why can't you just leave it be?

I didn't harm the kid!

"I am telling you!"

After that last sentence, I could hear some footsteps approaching me and I decided to climb the tree up a bit higher. Now, I knew it would make some sound but I was ignoring that. The wizard also heard it and I could see that he was ready to get the kid away if there would be something dangerous there.

Shit!

I can't hide more than this!

Any further and I think the branches won't hold me.

I was already there standing on the edge of a small branch. It was a wonder that it didn't snap or that I was falling down at all. No matter how I would try to hide, the moment he was right there below me, he would see my white scales.

"Come down, please. This is my Sensei, Aneko. He won't do anything to you."

"Ilya?"

"Isn't that right?"

They came closer and closer and I didn't react until they were right there by the tree.

"You stay there! I'll go look. If this is a sick prank from you, I will be disappointed!"

"Just don't scare the dragon more, Sensei."

Is this supposed to be reassuring?

It was finally the time to face it. The man who had very light blue hair was standing right below me and our eyes met. I could tell that he widened for a second before he softly smiled at me and opened up his arms.

"Come down little one."

NO!

Why in the world should I do that?

I am not tired of life yet!

A growl was all I gave the man as an answer. There was definitely no way, I would jump down into his arms as he thought I would. Why else would he open up his arms like that other than saying, jump.