~41~: A true Saintess!

Soon we finally got to our first destination. People were already lining up there watching us as if there would be something important happening. They were not that wrong. I was about to heal some of them and create a wonder but I was definitely not one to just ignore the poor people. I was also not dumb. I could see that more noble people were in front of the line than the poor. Since it was my very own duty to heal them and I was not a puppet who would just simply go to my place to sit still and wait for the next one, I decided to do what I like to do.

"Saintess..."

Micheal softly called out to me and it was clear to everyone what he was about. I knew what he meant but I couldn't stand this. What was I supposed to do? Just watch this nonsense? No. I couldn't and I wouldn't be able to do that!

I knew I was supposed to sit right here in the tent they created in the middle of the plaza but I simply just couldn't stand this injustice. These people had enough money to buy medicine and also get treated by a doctor but the people at the back didn't have the same chance. They were the poor. The people that were doing everything to survive and the people which the nobles were exploiting. The wealth of the nobles all comes from the poor. If people wouldn't work for them, they wouldn't be able to live in luxury at all.

This just simply wasn't fair at all.

"Trust me."

Of course I tried to make him feel better while I decided to encourage him a bit more to dance out of the line. Sooner or later he would be the leader. Why not take this chance and show off. Stand in front of everyone and be the one he truly wanted to be. Ever since we got out of the church he was holding back and nearly never saying anything while we were in the presence of the pope like this very moment.

The pope didn't like me standing up. That was to be expected but I was not a puppet to be controlled so he should definitely brace himself for something.

"Saintess, where are you going?"

"Your Eminence, I am just stretching out my legs."

"Right now? This is not a place for this nor is this child's play! All these people are here to get healed and witness your stunning ability."

Childsplay?

How dare you act like this and call what I am about to do child's play?!

Screw you and your greedy ass!

I am not playing this rotten game with you!

"Then excuse me for my childish behavior since I am still a child!"

This was all I had to say to the man before I started moving away and down the line. I could see all the nobles but they seemed rather healthy. Some had some scars but that was all. None of them was coughing a lot or was actually about to collapse. They also didn't have any wounds which would be life threatening at all. Why they were all standing in the line, was quite puzzling for me.

On the other hand, I could spot a poor woman with a child in her hand. She was coughing a lot. Not only that but she looked very pale and even fell down to her feet. The nobles ignored her but the poor people around her helped her up. She was definitely desperate to be here. How could I just ignore that and treat someone who didn't need it that important or fast?

Ever since I spotted that woman, I had already made up my mind and started walking towards her. She needed the attention and the treatment way more than anyone here. The child also was crying all the time and I could even distinguish the painful cry from any normal child's cry. The baby in her hands was sick as well and there was definitely not much a normal doctor could do but I was different. I wouldn't give up this simply and leave her behind with that child untreated. I would do everything that I could to make her feel better. At least I would feel at peace after this.