Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: {Few more chapters to go, In Shaa Allah!}

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Those eyes were the lightest shade of brown she'd ever seen.

When she was a kid -with a normal family- her parents would compliment her for her beautiful eyes even though there was nothing special about them. The usual dark brown eyes you'd normally see, one wouldn't even know they're brown until you took a closer look.

Those eyes... they did things to her. Her heart specifically, but why?

Sadiya couldn't stop thinking about the light brown-eyed stranger whom was staring at her outside that cafè the other day. Yes, she saw him. In fact, the moment her eyes met his, everything around her seemed to be of less importance. Everything including Omais. Most importantly, did he feel the connection... the... whatever when he stared into her eyes?

Eff! she sounded like a lovestruck teenager.

Sad news was, she didn't do love. 'You don't 'do' love, stupid! You feel it,' that was her conscience mocking her.

Sadiya slapped her temple hard like she had lost her mind. "Why are you slapping yourself?" A voice behind her asked.

She jumped in fright and turned to glare at her brother.

"What are you doing here?" She was trying hard to not release the fake frown from her face.

"Firstly, this is my penthouse and second of all, you didn't answer my question. What made you slap yourself?" Omais repeated.

A particular set of light-brown eyes...

But of course she wouldn't say that. She shrugged, "Nothing," answering his question curtly, a sign for him to let go of the topic.

He understood but kept looking at her warily. "Oh and a friend of mine is visiting in..." He checked the wall-clock on the other side of her bedroom. "...10."

"Didn't know you had a friend, in Abuja," Sadiya said. Demanding for an explanation.

Omais nodded and sighed exasperatedly, "He was a client of mine but one way or the other, we became friends," he clarified.

"Alright then, I'll just go change into something more presentable," he left the bedroom to give her a needed privacy.

***

"Sadiya, he's here!" she heard Omais' voice, yelling her name from the living-room.

'And why the hell is he yelling my name in front of the 'guest' of his?!' Sadiya thought.

"I'm coming!" she grumbled, not really sure whether he heard her or not.

Rounding the hallway, she could hear her brother and another deep voice, seemingly having a conversation. Left to her, she wouldn't have even bothered to greet the so-called 'guest', but her mother taught her well enough to know that it was rude to ignore a guest.

The moment her flip-flop clad foot touched the cold tiles of the not-too-large and not-too-small parlour, two pairs of eyes settled on her as soon as she muttered her Salaam, cutting their words off.