Chapter Six

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"Get the tickets ready by tomorrow, I don't want any mistakes," said the boss in an authoritative voice.

"Okay Sir," the employee said and left her boss' office.

Yazid smiled to himself, he planned a surprise vacation for his beloved wife, or to be more precise, surprise honeymoon. He knew she'd be very happy about it, that was why he planned all that. He wanted to replace her sad memories with him before, to good and memorable ones. He couldn't wait to get home.

He finished all the paperwork on time because he was eager to see her. He checked the time on his Rolex wrist watch and it was already 6:00 pm. After leaving his office with his brief case in hand, he entered his private elevator to the 14th floor to meet his father, the CEO of the company.

*Ding*

The elevator stopped and he walked out of it. He answered the greetings from the workers as the female kept ogling him, while the males were either jealous of his features, or stupidly wishing that they were as handsome as him instead of them to thank Allah for their own appearance. To him, beauty depends on the inside and not the outside.

Yazid knocked his father's office door and heard a 'come in' from inside. Alhaji Suleiman Abdulfatah was a very busy business tycoon. His company had many branches in different states. He owned a branch in Abuja, Lagos, Sokoto and Kano, most were located in the North because he's a Northerner, Hausa-fulani. He took over his father's business, Alhaji Abdulfatah.

When he was 28 years old, he got married to a beautiful Shuwa, Hajiya Ruzainah Imraan. He met her in Dubai when he went for an annual family vacation. He loved her so much and she did too. After two years of dating, they got married and she gave birth to a baby boy four months later. They named their baby Imraan, he was named after Ruzainah's late father.

Alhaji Suleiman Abdulfatah is a father of five, three males and two females; Imraan, who's 35 and married to a fulani lady with two girls (Fatima whom they call Zahra and Rukayya, they call her Imaan). Secondly, Hashim, not married but in a relationship with Amina, Ramlah's best friend. Thirdly, Yazid, married to Ramlah with no kids. Yet.

Then the girls, Aisha and Husna.

Back to present, Yazid got seated on the chair opposite his father after saying his Salaam. He greeted his father/boss. Then began;

"Uhm... Dad, I need to talk to you about something," he said while scratching his nape that was not itchy. His father looked up and gave him his full attention.

"Yes son," he replied.

"I wanted to tell you that I planned a surprise honeymoon for Ramlah and I," he said to his father nervously.

To say Alhaji Suleiman's surprise was unlimited. Ten months ago when he and his wife forced their son to get married, he rejected. After the marriage, his son hated the wife.

Yes, he knew!

His son either called him, or met him, or came to him at the office.

But he liked this side of his son. He must say, he's changed all thanks to his daughter-in-law, Ramlah. He knew his son's past, and he also knew the past changed him in so many ways. But he was now gradually coming back to the old Yazid everyone knew.

"Really? I'm proud of you son, and which country are you having your honeymoon?"

"Ahm... Paris."

"Okay then, I wish you both a safe trip," his father smiled.