Chapter Four

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

After lunchtime, Sadiya and her assistant went back to the office to continue the pile of work they had. They stood up and left the office to perform their usual random checkups, when she bumped into someone, making the files in her hand to get scattered on the floor.

"Oh no, sorry Doctor," the person apologized, making Sadiya to look up to see the owner of the deep voice, ready to fire him with words.

Or more like insult...

"Hey, are you blind or something? I suggest you look where you're going next time," Dr. Khamis was flabbergasted by Sadiya's words. Even though he apologized, she was making a mountain out of a molehill.

Khamis Usman was also a doctor at Zahmal Hospital. 30, but unmarried, yet. He had a thing for Sadiya and she knew. That was why she acts fiercely around him or rather, on him. She just naturally hates it when someone likes her. Back to Dr. Khamis, he attented University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.

Nurse Safinah tried to pick up the files that were lying on the floor and get Sadiya out of the place in other to not create a scene, but she beat her to it.

"Why are you making a big deal out of this? It was an accident and I apologized to you like any normal human being would," he replied her nonchalantly while bending to pick the files on the cold tiled floor that Nurse Safinah attempted to pick.

"Oh so now I'm abnormal right? Anyway, I don't know why I'm here talking to a looser like you," Sadiya added and hissed loud enough for him to hear then grabbed the files from his hand and left the place, but not before eyeing him while fuming in anger.

"I'll surely make you mine, Sadiya", he said to himself while smiling discreetly.

***

She was over the moon because Yazid changed a lot. They just came back from a dinner date and freshened up then prayed Isha, they were currently in their room watching a movie. Ramlah had been sick the past few days. She vomits after every meal, always nauseous, morning sickness, crazy mood swings. She thought of one thing; a possibility.

Pregnancy.

But she didn't want to jump into any conclusion yet. Even though she was still unsure. She just had the feelings that she might be pregnant. 'Mother instincts,' maybe?

"Babe," Yazid called out to her and got her out of her universe of thoughts when he noticed that she had zoned out while watching the movie.

"Hm," Ramlah hummed and turned her full attention to him with a smile that melted away his rock hard heart.

"Are you okay? You look sick," he said with worry laced in his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, you don't have to worry," she replied him with a sweet smile.

Ramlah didn't want to tell Yazid about her sickness, until she confirmed her lengthy thoughts. She had already decided to go for a test the next day, after Yazid leaves for work.

***

~THE NEXT DAY~

After letting out a yawn, she got down from bed and remembered how she planned for the day ahead. Ramlah took a long warm and relaxing shower and draped the towel around her body. She got dressed and decided to make breakfast since it was already 7:28 a.m.