Chapter Fourteen

Enjoy!

KANO, NIGERIA.

"I promise that you won't regret working with us, Mr. Salman," he said as they stood up and shook hands, then everyone left the Conference room.

He checked his Rolex wristwatch for the time, his working hours are over. He walked to his office with the employees, mostly females ogling at his face. The exact replica of his mother.

Packing his things, he calls his Personal Assistant to tell his driver to get the car ready so as to go home. Sitting at the backseat of his black Rolls Royce, he took out his phone from his pants pocket to make a call. His assistant told him they found no lead but they're still trying.

Omais wants to find his mother and sister before his father does. He wants to make amends with them.

Arriving at his house, he went up the stairs to take a relaxing shower to get rid of stress and tiredness off his body. He changed into his grey thobe on his black trouser after performing Wudū (ablution). He put his rosary in the thobe pocket with his phone after putting it on silent.

Reaching his Mosque, he prayed Ishā -after dusk prayer- with the congregation. After the Imam preached for 2 hours, almost everyone in the Mosque left but some were still there. People like Omais. Exchanging pleasantries with a guy that was sitting next to him, they started to converse freely like they had known each other for years. The guy's name is Yazid.

Omais learnt that his new friend, Yazid is a married man and his wife is expecting, Inshaa Allah. They exchanged phone numbers and went their separate ways, hoping to meet again soon.

***

"Babe, I'm headed to the Mosque, okay?"
He said, grabbing his Nike slippers from the shoe rack before putting them on.

"Okay, a dawo lafiya [be back safely]" she answered, rather rudely.

He shook his head and left the house to the Mosque.

He prayed in the Congregation and stayed for the preaching. After about 2 hours of it, he decided to stay back and think of how life has been for him. He made duā to the Almighty to make his life better -as it was for him, before. Ramlah had changed a lot for the past five months. Maybe it's part of the pregnancy, just maybe.

He relaxed back in the Mosque before he exchanged greetings with a man that sat next to him.

"Assalam Alaikum [Peace be upon you]" they shook hands.

"Wa'alaikum Assalam [Peace be upon you, too]" the man replied back.

"I'm Yazid," he said.

"Well, nice to meet you Yazid. I'm Omais," the other guy replied.

"Nice to meet you too, Omais," Yazid smiled.

That was how they conversed like old high school classmates and exchanged digits. The new found friends left the Mosque together, with them promising to visit each other's company.

***

Peace ?

Naahh...

Her mind isn't at peace at the moment. After knowing fully well it isn't his? Her mind lacks the peace it needs at the moment. She isn't going to tell him obviously, but she's going to have to call the father of her unborn baby.