Chapter One

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Life is filled with challenges and obstacles that we need to tackle with tenacity and grit. Challenging times might cause us to be spiral when we do not address feelings of doubt and anxiety.

If you happen to find yourself dealing with sadness, know that you are not alone!

Same here for her...

She rounded-up her work and walked her tired self to the bathroom. She took a long hot shower to relax her muscles and wrapped her body in her bathrobe with a small towel on her wet hair, then came out.

Sadiya sat on her dressing table and rubbed some lotion on her body. Then some lavender oil on her hair, after drying it with a hair dryer.

After combing her long, silky and dark hair, she banded it in a high ponytail and covered the hair with a scarf and sauntered into her closet, then put on her pyjamas.

She went to the bathroom and performed ablution then took an ankle-length hijab from her closet and put it on.

She straddled the prayer mat in Qiblah and offered her Isha ( islam night prayer). After saying her taslim, she said her dua whilst sobbing, remembering her bitter past that she couldn't get over.

After saying her dua and wiping her tears, she took her Qur'aan (Islamic holy Book) and started reciting it in her soft, melodic voice. She recited the Qur'aan and started feeling sleepy.

Sadiya covered it and then said a few duas. After that, she pulled off her hijab and folded it before folding the prayer mat and kept them in their rightful places.

Sadiya dragged her fatigued feet to the bathroom to wash her face. She came out of the restroom and walked to her cozy bed and helped herself on it and laid her head on the soft pillow. She said her duas and drifted into a deep slumber without much difficulty.

***

'Allahu Akbar' (Allah is the Greatest).

The sound of the Adhan (calling of prayer) of Fajr (dawn prayer) awoke the sleeping beauty. Sadiya slipped off bed and lazily walked her sleepy self to the bathroom to perform ablution.

She sauntered out of the place and spread her prayer mat and her hijab after taking them out of the closet. She prayed Fajr and said her duas, folding everything she used in praying and returned them to where they belonged to.

She hopped on her bed, hoping that sleep would come but it didn't. So she decided to just get ready for the day.

Sadiya came out of the bathroom after freshening up and walked to the vanity table and rubbed some lotion on her smooth skin, with some parts of her skin affected by the displeasing scars, making her remember her ugly 'past.'

She got dressed in a long sleeved purple colored shirt, tucked into a pair of grey palazzo and wrapped her head with a purple veil in hijabi style.

She clasped her feet in her grey colored sneakers and draped a black Calvin Klein chained handbag after putting her Iphone 11 and other necessities inside, on her shoulder.

Sadiya walked downstairs for breakfast. She settled on making fried egg and bacon, because she was hurrying for work as she had a lot of patients that day.

She finished making her breakfast and started digging in, while continuously sipping her coffee, which she is addicted to. She washed the dishes she used and grabbed her handbag and car keys.

She went to her car, after making sure she locked the apartment door. Sadiya entered her black gle Mercedes Benz and revived the car engine to life before driving out of the apartment building.

***

She drove into the building after being greeted by the gateman. She pulled over her car in the parking lot. She took her bag that was sitting on the passengers seat and hopped out of the car and locked it. She walked out of the parking lot and walked into the hospital.

"Good Morning, ma"
"Good Morning, Ma'am"
"Morning, Doc."

Greetings came different corners of the hospital.

"Morning, everyone."

The moment she answered the greetings, patients were rushed into the hospital. She also rushed to their side and realized that they were badly injured.

Sadiya went into the OT after she put on her surgery gown and a surgery cap and facemask. She conducted the surgery with the help of her assistant, Nurse Safeenah and other doctors and nurses.

The surgery lasted for about 6 hours. The patients were transferred to the ICU because they needed intensive care as they were badly injured from the accident.

Sadiya and the other doctors left the OT after removing the surgery clothes and they saw the patients' families.

"Doc, how's my daughter?"

"Doctor, how's my daughter?"

Questions were asked randomly from the families, mostly the victims' parents. Sadiya and other doctors calmed the people. Everyone asked of their female relatives because it was the gynaecology section. Moreover, the patients were schoolgirls.

"The victims are safe now, ma'am. There's nothing to worry about," Sadiya said to a crying mother who might be in her early 40s with a man who seemed like her husband, looked like he was in his late 50s, had been consoling his broken and sad wife.

"Thank you my daughter, may Allah bless you... thank you so much", the lady said as she hugged Sadiya tightly as she cried, with Sadiya rubbing her back as she tried to calm her down.

"It's fine Ma'am... besides, I was only doing my job, and thank Allah and not me." She said, feeling uncomfortable because an elderly lady, old enough to be her mother was thanking her like that.

They managed to calm the other families as they reassured them of the victims' safety, and that they could see them.

The woman Sadiya met also asked Sadiya's phone number. They exchanged digits and Sadiya also learnt that the lady, Mrs. Shehu was a therapist.

*sigh*

Sadiya sighed from the exhaustion of the surgery and headed to the meeting room for staff's morning meeting, since it was still early in the morning, as the time said 11:40am.

***

After the meeting and compliments from the heads for conducting the surgery even though she was one of the senior surgeons in the hospital, Sadiya went straight to her office with Nurse Safinah trailing behind her as they did random checkups for her patients.

^-^

Hey pple

How was the chapter?
Hope it wasn't boring.

Actually, this is my first book on wattpad. And I'm 💯sure that you guys are going to enjoy this story!

Please, don't forget to

Vote,
Comment,
Share &
Like.

Love ♥
fateemah___

Assalamu Alaikum🌹