Chapter Three

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Ramlah laid on her bed after praying. She tried to sleep but it never came. She was drowned in her own thoughts when she heard the door open. She knew who it was, but chose to pretend to be asleep.

Yazid walked to the bed where Ramlah laid. He knew she wasn't sleeping, so it was a chance for him to apologize to her. Yazid thought about what Ibrahim told him and he realized he was the one at fault. He shouldn't have yelled, not to talk of slapping her. He regretted his actions.
He sat on the bed beside her.

Ramlah felt the side of the bed deep in with her heart beating fast, not knowing the reason for that.

"Ramlah," Yazid said in nervousness, not knowing where it came from all of a sudden.

*silence*

"I know you're not sleeping, so please get up," he added.

Hearing that, Ramlah didn't know if she should get up, or just ignore. Admist her thought, he spoke up again.

"Please get up, we need to talk this out," he pleaded again, the silence killing him.

"Fine," she huffed out of annoyance and sat upright, not maintaining eye contact with him.

"Ramlah, please look at me."

Ramlah looked up at him, surprised that he called her name and said 'please.' Yazid noticed her shocked expression and chuckled lightly, fooling knowing what was going on in her head. To say she was surprised because of his chuckle would be an understatement.

"I'm sorry," he said with sweaty hands. He himself couldn't remember the last time he had apologized to someone, if he ever did, that is.

"Huh?" Came shocked Ramlah's reply. She was totally flabbergasted by his words.

Yazid Suleiman apologizing! To a woman for that matter.

'Ya Allah, if this is a dream, please let me wake up this minute,' Ramlah thought.

"Ramlah," Yazid called, because he could see her lost in her own world.

"Y-e-sss...Yes?" Ramlah stuttered.

"I'm sorry, please find a place in your heart to forgive me, i'm sorry for hitting you... for everything. Please, give us another chance," he begged.

"I forgave you since that day, it's fine," she said with a smile.

Ramlah's words shocked him and made him more regretful for what he did to her than he already was. He hit her and insulted her many times and she still forgave him, he hated himself for that. He felt so guilty for doing what he did to her. He didn't know when he hugged her tightly, like his life depended on her. He was quite surprised when she hugged him back.

Ramlah was shocked by Yazid's move, but returned the hug with few tears of joy dropping from her eyes.

She was happy that her husband was slowly coming out of his own shell.

***

After Fajr, Sadiya freshened up and got ready for work. She got dressed and had her breakfast before leaving the apartment. She began her work as a well known young and senior surgeon in Zahmal Hospital. She was in the middle of checking a file of a patient suffering from mononucleosis, when someone entered the office.

Or more like 'barged' into the office, which made her mentally hiss. She looked up and saw the person she least expected, even though she was not all surprised by the barging part.

"What are you doing in my office?" Sadiya said straightforwardly while looking up.

"Hey, you of all people should know that in this entire hospital, this is the last place i would ever wish be in," the office 'intruder' said with a smug look.

"Oh really? Good for you then. Well, be quick with whatever you want to say because as you can see, I was very busy when you rudely interrupted my work," Dr. Sadiya Muhammad replied her with so much confidence and boldness, which made the rude doctor's blood to boil in range.

The duo stared deeply at each other's eyes with so much annoyance and irritation that could be clearly seen in Sadiya's, while jealousy and anger in Nusaiba's eyes.

Dr. Nusaiba Umar was known in the hospital for her jealousy towards Sadiya, because she -Sadiya- was always favored by the Seniors and Professors.

Nusaiba was 27, two year older than Sadiya. She attended University of Melbourne, Australia. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth because her father, Alhaji Umar Adam was a well known business tycoon, who's always busy with work but also finds time for his family. Hajiya Aisha Mahmoud, their mother owned a shopping mall, so they were rich.

Nusaiba has ten siblings; four from her mother's side, and six from her stepmother. She was from a rich home and a spoilt brat.

But good at her job.

Just then, Nurse Safinah came into the office and noticed the tensed atmosphere that a cutlass could cut through, knowing fully well that the two didn't get along with each other.

"Uhm... i brought the files you asked for, Doc," Nurse Safinah politely said to Sadiya, totally ignoring Nusaiba's presence.

Sadiya tilted her head and smiled at her friend and partner and replied;

"Okay let me have it then," Sadiya answered her, totally misheeding Nusaiba. Nusaiba hissed loudly and left the office while she noisily chewed the gum in her mouth. With her assistant, Nurse Khadijah, following her like a lap dog, but not before exchanging hard glares with Nurse Safinah.

After a lot of work, during lunchtime, Sadiya decided to take a break and eat at the canteen after a lot of persistence from Nurse Safinah. She packed up her work and they both stood up and walked out of the office. They arrived at the hospital canteen where most of the staff was.

They both chatted happily while Dr. Nusaiba and Dr. Asiya threw glares their way. Not like they cared though, the gossips continued gossiping about whatever-it-was-they-were-saying.

Jealousy!

After lunchtime, Sadiya and her assistant went back to the office to continue the pile of work they had. Both stood up and left the office to perform their usual random checkups, when she bumped into someone, making the files in her hold get scattered on the floor.

"I'm so sorry Doctor," the person apologized, making Sadiya to look up to see the owner of the deep voice, ready to fire him words.

Or more like insult...

^-^

Salaam! So how was it?

Did you guys like the surprise chapter? Hope you all did. Juma'at Mubarak!🕋

So... who could that be?

Find out in the next chapter!
See ya.

Vote,
Comment &
Share.

Love ♥
fateemah___

Assalamu Alaikum🌹