Chapter Thirteen

I'm so sorry everyone, I know you must be tired of the FLASHBACK. But it's almost over Insha Allah🙏

Thanks for the love❤ but keep reading !

Enjoy !!

KANO, NIGERIA.

9 YEARS LATER....

"Ommi we're home!"
She yelled from the sitting room as they slumped on the couch, their energy - drained. Relishing its comfort to them.

"Hey kids, how was school today?" Their Ommi asked as she came out of the kitchen, wiping her wet hands with a napkin, and an apron worn on her simple plain purple gown.

"It was so exhausting Ommi," Omais said as he let out an exhausted sigh as Sadiya nodded in agreement, the reaction from the siblings made Ommi -Asiyah- laugh.

"You two are so funny, Allah dai Ya bada sa'a [wish you luck on your studies, though]" she said, then added, "I'm already preparing lunch, why don't you two go upstairs, freshen up and come down for your meal," she suggested.

"Okay Ommi," Sadiya agreed while Omais nodded, and the duo headed for the stairs to do as they were told, but not before pecking their mother on the cheeks.

Well, Muhammad actually apologized to Asiyah some years ago - for his foolishness, and told her that he fell into a trap of a devil in disguise of her best friend. She was so shocked that she fainted and was rushed to the hospital where she got admitted immediately. It was just hard to believe. Her own best friend. That same Nailah that has been with her since in diapers.

She felt betrayed.

But Asiyah forgave them anyway. She believes that even if she holds grudges against them, everything that happened wouldn't change anything. Additionally, she forgave them because who's she ? If Allah could forgive man for his evil deeds, who's she to say she will not forgive.

And now, the couple is back to normal -how they lived their lives full of love and trust. But she severed all ties with Nailah.

***

"Ommi, that was exquisite as always," Sadiya complemented as she side hugged, Ommi.

"Thanks, honey," Ommi smiles.

"The best food in the whole wide world, momma," Omais said, making them all to burst into fits of laughter.

"Thanks, dear," she pecks his forehead.

After retiring to their beds after dinner, Sadiya grabbed her phone, unlocked it then logged into her Instagram for some messages. So she just messages Raheema -her bestie- hoping that she's active.

Sadiya- hey bestie... you already asleep ?

She typed, then came Raheema's reply immediately.

Raheema👭- Naahh, I'm not... any gist ?

Sadiya chuckles then replies,

Sadiya- May Allah deliver you🙏 so I shouldn't text my bestie unless their is gist ? Am angry🙅

Raheema👭- Oya sorry nooww, just joking🙃