Chapter Nine

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"For real?!" the man asked his wife.

As if to clarify from her. It was obvious, the envelope wouldn't be possibly lying.

"Yes babe, this is the surprise... you're going to be a father," Ramlah replied him with a broad smile.

Yazid jumped from his seat and to his wife's, and pulled her to his hard chest hugging her tightly.

"You have made me the happiest man on earth," he added.

"Babe... I can't b-breathe.." she said jokingly. He was hugging the life out of her.

"Oh... sorry, it's not good for the baby."

"Now, let's go upstairs, so you can freshen up and we pray, then get some rest... you must be stressed so you need all the rest you can get," he said with concern, which made Ramlah chuckle lightly.

"Okay, let's go."

He walked beside her and carried her in a bridal style, then up to the stairs.

"You know i--"

"Okay babe, I have to go now," Yazid said as he stood up from the chair and pecked her on the cheek, pulling her out of her reverie.

They were in the sitting room, Ramlah was seated on the couch, while Yazid was adjusting his suit. She was staring at her husband when she remembered the event last night.

"Okay.... ermm honey, can I ask for a request?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course... anything for you. What is it?"

"Well, it's just that I wanted to visit my Mom today, please," she pleaded, hoping that he would grant her permission to visit her mother.

"But babe, i--" He wanted to oppose 'for the wellbeing of their child' as he says. But he couldn't turn down her request with that face.

"Fine, you can," he sighed in defeat, not like he had a choice.

She immediately jumped on him for a hug, and thanked him repeatedly.

"Honey, please could you drop me off," she begged.

"But--"

"Please."

"All right then, go get ready... I'll be waiting here," he wanted to decline because he was already late for work.

.

After about a max of 17 minutes of driving, they arrived at a small mansion, and he parked the car outside.

"Love you babe, see you later," Ramlah said and pecked him on the cheek.

He smiled and told her to take care of herself and the baby, the child that was still as little as a peanut.

He pecked her bye on the forehead and drove off after she entered the house.

***

'Make sure you do it well no mistakes, understood?!' -the boss said to his trusted subordinate through the phone call.

He was planning something evil, just to win a woman's heart. But he was foolish enough to think that that was the only way to win her heart.

A strong and walled one at that.

'Of course sir, you can count on me'- the subordinate reassured his boss.

'I know, that was why I put you on this task, you'll get the balance after it's done' -the boss replied.