Chapter Five

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

'Congrats Ma'am, you're three weeks along'

That statement kept ringing in her head. She was currently home, came back from the hospital about an hour ago. She was very elated at the same time, worried. Ramlah was finding it hard to believe that she was carrying a human, still a blastocyst. A part of her and a part of Yazid, her husband, the love of her life.

Speaking of him, she wondered how he would react to her pregnancy.

How would he react?

Would he be happy about it?

What if he wasn't ready to be a father?

What if he freaked out when she tells him?

What if?
What if?

Ya Allah!

So many 'what if's' were roaming through her head. She tried to stay calm and have positive thoughts on his reaction. She decided to just take a nap. As soon as she laid her head on the soft pillow and dragging the cozy duvet up to her chest, she finally slept off.

Ramlah woke up from her short nap on the sound of Adhan for Asr prayer. She pulled the duvet off herself and swung her leg from atop the bed and stood up to the bathroom. After washing her face and performing ablution, Ramlah sauntered out of the restroom and prayed. She prayed and said her dua before folding everything she used, back to its rightful place.

Ramlah was too eager for her husband to come home early, eager to tell him the good news. She sat on the bed and didn't know what to do. So she decided to just call her best friend and the other lady picked up on the third ring.

"Hey girl," Amina said from the other line cheerfully.

"Wa'alaikis Salam to you too," said Ramlah, sarcastically.

"Oh come on... Anyway, how are you? And you just decided to call me now, abi? (right?)" she rambled.

'okay, I'm sorry, but there's good news... but if you don't want to hear it then--'

'of course I would want to....what's the good news baby girl?' -she said with enthusiasm.

'weeeelll, I wanted to tell you that i'm expecting'.

'Huh? Expecting what?' This girl could be dumb sometimes.

'......' Ramlah just kept mute.

Suddenly,

*Squeal*

'hey, don't blast off my eardrums' -said Ramlah, when her friend squealed through her ears, she knew that was going to happen.

'really? I'm going to be your child's godmother' -Amina said with clear excitement in her voice.

That was how they continued talking and talking and talking....
Ramlah even asked her when she would come to visit and she said she won't be able to make it the next day, because she would be busy at the studio.