Chapter Twenty-Two

Double Update!!

Enjoy!

KANO, NIGERIA.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME ON BOARD FLIGHT 5B9 WITH SERVICE FROM KANO TO ABUJA. WE AS THAT YOU PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS AT THIS TIME AND SECURE ALL BAGGAGE UNDERNEATH YOUR SEATS OR IN THE OVERHEAD COMPARTMENTS. WE ALSO ASK THAT YOUR SEATS AND TABLE TRAYS ARE IN UPRIGHT POSITION FOR TAKEOFF. PLEASE TURN OFF ALL PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES, INCLUDING LAPTOPS AND CELLPHONES. SMOKING IS PROHIBITED FOR THE DURATION OF THE FLIGHT. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING BLUEPEACE AIRLINES. ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT".

****

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Stepping out of the plane, he briskly walked ahead until he caught sight of his driver. The harmattan wind seeping into his bones. The thick jacket on him could only drop down the level of coldness he felt. Fastening his pace, he entered his car after the door was opened for him by the loyal driver. The chauffeur greeted his boss before he answered.

Omais relaxed back on the black posh leather seats of the car. All he wanted to do was to pray, eat, then sleep in his booked hotel room. He was quite tired from the one hour flight. But it wasn't that long.

The chauffeur pulled over the car at the lot. He helped his boss with the little to no luggage he packed. He spending maybe 5 days in Abuja. He came to find his sister and mother.

Sadiya and his Ommi..

But he didn't know. Yet. Because he might be spending more days than intended. His life had not been the same without them in it. It's been years. Years!

He pushed out the painful thoughts out of his head and walked to the reception. He already told the driver to go without the car, and he left after handing over the car key to him.

"Hi, how may I help you," the receptionist said in a bored tone as though she was been forced to say a word. It was her job! She didn't even look up.

She continued to press whatever she was pressing on her phone.

"Hi. I booked a room in your hotel for four nights some days ago," he says with a straight face.

The rude receptionist finally looked up and asked him, "name?"

"Omais Muhammad Yusuf." He wasn't in the mood to tell her off. He wouldn't belittle himself with a small incompetent girl. Even his Sadiya would be older than her. So why bother?...

"Okay. Uhmm... room 20, upstairs to your right," she hands him the keycard.

"Thanks."

He followed her directions and arrived at the room door with the bellhop behind him with the luggage. He thanked him and tipped him before entering the room. It was okay to his taste.

~~~~

After praying Asr and showering, Omais put on his slides and left the room. He wanted to explore Abuja before the next day. Not that he has never been to Abuja, but you know... it would be fun explore a bit. Slipping his phone, wallet, car key and keycard in his slacks pocket, he calmly walked down the stairs and left the hotel.

He slid into his car and ignited the engine, before speeding out of the very large driveway. Swiftly taking a left turn, he sped down the tar of the smooth road. Omais was lost in putting on the radio because of the dull moment, when he suddenly looks up and almost runs over a lady. He quickly parked the car at the side of the road and gets down.