Chapter Forty - Finale

الحمدلله!

A/N: {You have to play the song above as you read this chapter ☟ cause its lyrics kinda match with it! However, SURPRISE!!! }

***

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

My life is over!

My life is over!

Sorry, what I mean is my 'spinster life' will be over in less than an hour.

My whole life, I've never found myself as nervous as I am right now. Not even when he took me on our first date, not even when he proposed, not even when I met his family for the first time. I knew this. It was the day. The day i wished for Ommi's presence the most, the day I miss my family dearly, the day I open that door.

The door that leads me to my future. All planned by Him; Allah. The door I still don't know to date whether I'll find a garden full of colorful butterflies, full of dandelions -my favourites- or whether it was the beginning of... how do I say this?... sadness and heartbreak.

Will it be my happy-ever-after?

Will I finally be happy again?

Most of all; Is he the one for me?

Or was it just paranoia from my past?

Heck! Should I cancel the wedding? I mean... I would not want to--

"Don't even think of it," that was my annoying brother's voice. If I am to be honest with myself --- and well, you guys, Omais had being supportive through these years. He made sure that the bad memories that were embedded in my mind because of --- well, him, was scrapped off with good ones.

The bests of them.

I'll forever be grateful to God for creating me as Omais' sister and him as my brother. Kinds of him weren't easy to find, I think. Safeenah is really a lucky one to have him as her husband, in fact, both of them were lucky to have each other as spouses.

"Think of what?" I intended to play innocent. Unfortunately for me, this guy here knows me more than he knows himself.

"Sadiya, I know you more than I do myself..." See? Told you. "...I know what's going on in your mind, I've been there before. Sadiya, Zayyan is a good guy, you know that --- everyone does. Don't let the reverse in our parents' marriage years ago affect yours. You need to be happy. But if you feel like this marriage is been rushed, we could cancel it, it's not too late. You're even too young to get married now, it's all too soon."

Remind me why he's acting as if he's the one getting married and not me?

"Shut up please Omais." Nope, that wasn't me.