Chapter Thirty-Seven (ɪɪ)

A/N: {I published the previous part too early. So this one will serve as the continuation. If you had noticed, it was even shorter than the usual lengths of the previous chapters. Sorry if this caused an inconveniency!}

***
Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

"How are you, now?" Imraan asked his younger brother.

{A/N: Remember that there are two Imraans in this book; Sadiya's half-brother and Yazid's oldest sibling}.

Yazid sighed. "Coping." There was nothing to talk about and he was sick of people asking him the same question over and over again. Every single effing day.

"Yazid," Hashim called out. "Talk to us, we're your family; your brothers. If you don't tell us your worries, then who will you tell them to? Do we need to call Ibrahim?"

To be honest, it had been over a month he had communicated with his best friend, Ibrahim. Come to think of it, he probably didn't know what had happened.

"And you know he's in the UK, right?" Yazid inquired.

Hashim nodded, "Of course we all do."

"Then how are you going to tell him? He isn't here," he raised his brows.

Imraan leaned back, "Technology sorted everything out, bro."

Yazid thought for a while, "So... should I still dial him?" Hashim asked. "No. We'll talk when he gets back, he might even be very busy with his Masters."

Hashim nodded.

"You know you still haven't answered my question," the oldest brother reminded.

"You want to know my honest answer? I'm trying to forget her but I can't. I'm just... finding it hard to. Though I hate her for what she did."

"You don't." Imraan calmly declared.

"What do you mean?" Yazid asked with raised brows.

"You don't hate her. It's obvious that you still love her cause it's visible in your eyes."

The other brothers were confused. "Forgetting someone you love is hard. No matter what she did, your love for her is still there and we're not going to ponder on the past. Learn to forget her. You think you are moving on from Ramlah, but the truth is, you're unknowingly drowning in your past self-pity. Try to move on, it's never too late. And by moving on, you heal gradually. Don't rush into things because you might end up hurting yourself even more than you already are."

Yazid pondered over what Imraan had said. Was it true that he was hurting more?

"You know he's right, Yazid." Hashim said.

"Well then how can I move on?" His mind was in a mess.

"By letting go of the past and focussing on the present and your future," Imraan stared at him intently.

Yazid nodded. "Thanks, brothers." The three hugged for a moment. He was truly glad to have them as his siblings. They never judged him no matter his problem.

"Of course, lil' bro," Hashim smiled.

They sat in silence, each occupied in their own thoughts. Until Yazid spoke up, "So Ya Hashim, how's our bride?"

"Point of correction; my bride not you guys', and she's good. Preparations for the wedding are still on. Three weeks to go before I become a married man!" He was already smiling dreamily.