Chapter Seventeen

"Get busy living or get busy dying"
-Stephen King.

Enjoy!!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

'what do I do now?' She thought hard.

Suddenly, an idea pricked her like a needle as she smiles to herself.

All of a sudden, she bent down with her back skyward and pretended to tie her sneakers lace. She widened her legs a little bit and had a look at her back - because she might be able to see the person after her - through the little gap in between her legs, but in a way the person wouldn't know. She noticed a shadow.

Whoever the person is, must be dumb - because she could see the person's arm. It's definitely a man.

After her pretentious shoe lace tying, she stood straight and was adjusting her shirt when she sensed danger, he was coming closer. Before he could think of knocking her out with the handkerchief that had chloroform on it, she turned in a flash, caught his extended arm and twisted it until she could almost hear his bone crush. He yelped in pain.

'How on earth is this happening?' Dahiru wondered.

How can a woman be this strong?

Or could she be a male in disguise as female?

But she's just a doctor, not a soldier or a police officer or something like that.

Or was this the wrong person, perhaps? But the picture of the lady Khamis sent to him looked like the woman standing right in front of him.

Okay... this is strange...

"Would you let go of me, woman?" He growled.

"Who're you and who sent you?" She yelled. Sadiya was very scared but didn't show it. She hates to be weak and vulnerable, especially in times like this.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me, or else--"

"Or else what? Take me to whoever your boss is? I can report you to the police," she threatened through gritted teeth.

He laughed out loud. Did he think she was lying? Fine then, she kicked him hard where the sun never shines as he yelped in pain and got on his kness. Veins popping out from his neck and forehead, with red rimmed eyes.

She quickly brought out her phone from the sweats pocket and dialed the police number, Dahiru's eyes went wide as saucers - Khamis is going to kill him. He tried to get up but all in vain, the pain he felt below was not to joke with, she hit him hard.

What a gangster!

After reporting the criminal, and the police said they're on their way to the scene, she saw a metal rod thick enough to make him bleed, on her left side next to a garbage can. She ran to it and picked it up and went back to where Dahiru was.

Sadiya asks him again, "who sent you?! You better speak or I'll make sure to make you to, with this thing," she pointed the rod at him.

"You mu--"

He couldn't say anything more when the blaring sirens of the police van interrupted.

They parked quite close to where Sadiya and Dahiru were. After asking her if she was the one that called and if Dahiru is the guy that tried to abduct her, one of them handcuffed him and dragged him to the van.

Another policeman said, "we would try our best to get to the bottom of this, Ma'am - you have nothing to worry about," he assured her.

She nodded and thanked him as they drove away, then walked back home.

Arriving at the apartment, she directly headed to the elevator and punched down the buttons for the floor her room is. Sighing heavily as she entered the bedroom, she pulled off the small veil and dropped it on the couch that was at the far end of the room - untied the sneakers lace and went to the restroom. Taking a shower, she washed off the tiredness and anger in her.

After she changed into her nighties, Sadiya prayed Ishaa prayer and folded everything after saying her duā.

Her stomach growled, announcing to her that it's waiting for something - when I mean something, I mean food - to be put in it.

Her vexed mood vanished into thin air, she was hungry.

But as they say, "A hungry man is an angry man." It was the same for her, only that she's angry for two good reasons.

One, angry because that stupidity of a human being aka Khamis, sent some ugly and dumb guys to be spying on her. That's so preposterous! She hates him every single fiber she has in her body.

Spying? The hell?!

She's going to make a surprise for him, and that would be equivalent to making hell on earth for him. He must be stupid to think she wouldn't know. Or maybe he did know she would suspect him, who wouldn't, for crying out loud? Or maybe, he didn't think of that because.....

He might've thought she would be kidnapped and dragged to his feet and bow to him!

Urgh!

This whole damn thing is making her sick.

She brushed the whole drama that happened and is happening in her life to go feed her dearie...

By dearie, she meant her stomach of course!

^-^

Phew! 😌

How are y'all? Hope you're in good health?

Happy New Month you all🎉🎊 wishing you a blissful, fun filled and anti-sad (Don't mind my English abeg😂) month!

How was the chappyyyy?!😇 I feel so sad for Sadiya, all alone through these tough times😢....

I hope you enjoyed it though😬 and hope it wasn't too short. If Yes, am so sorry🙏

How was the fasting? Today isda last day Insha Allah! May Almighty Allah accept our Ibadah.

Follow my account please 🙏annnddddd....😀 I need you guyz to

Comment📝
Vote⭐
Like👍 &
Share📱📲

Thanksss!

Love♥
fateemah___

Assalam Alaikum🌹