Chapter 24

They finished the briefing of the Outer Rim Sieges. Obi-Wan and Luna were powering off all the holograms as everyone else left.

"You've missed the report  on the Outer Rim Sieges." Obi-Wan said sensing Anakin's presence when he entered the room

"I'm sorry. I was held up." Anakin apologized. "I have no excuse."

"Im short, they are going very well. Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity." Obi-Wan continued then turning towards Anakin after everything shut off.

"What's wrong, then?"

"The senate is expected... to vote mire executive powers to the chancellor today."

"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad?" It'll make it easier for us to end this war."

"Be careful of your friend Palpatine." Obi-Wan said then grabbing Luna's hand and walking out of the room.

"Be careful of what?"

"He has requested your presence."

"What for?"

"He would not say."

"He didn't inform the council?" Anakin said then stopping at the top of the staircase. "That's unusual,  isn't it?"

Obi-Wan stopped making Luna stopp with him. He turned towards Anakin.

"All of this is unusual.  And it's making me feel uneasy." Obi-Wan continued then started walking again with Anakin following.

                            ♡

Later that day Luna and Anakin were called into the Council Chambers.
Luna and Anakin were standing in the middle of the room hearing what the Council has to say. Luna got nervous on what they had to say. Worried they found out about Obi-Wan and Luna. And that they were expecting a child. Luna tried her best to calm down and clear her mind so they wouldn't sense anything.

"Allow this appointment lightly the council does not." Yoda began. "Disturbing is this  move by Chancellor Palpatine."

"I understand." Anakin spoke.

"You both are on this council." Master Windu said. "But we do not grant you both the rank of master."

Luna bowed and headed to her seat on the council that was by Obi-Wan's. She felt how tense Anakin was about being not being a master.

"What?"  How could you do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair. How can you be on the council and not be a master?"

"Take a seat young Skywalker." Windu said sounding upset.

Anakin bowed and apologizes for his actions. "Forgive me, Master." Anakin walked off and sat in his chair.

Luna looked over to Obi-Wan and saw he made a very disappointed face at Anakim and shook his head.

"We have surveyed all systems in the Republic." Master Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke. "But have found no sign of General Grievous."

"Hiding in the outer rim Grievous is." Yoda stated. "The outlying systems you must sweep.

"We do not have many ships to spare." Obi-Wan said.

"What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Ki-Adi-Mundi questioned.

"It is critical we send an attack group there immediately." Mace stated.

"He's right. It's a system we cannot afford to lose."

"Go I will. Good relations with the Wookiees I have." Yoda stated.

"It's settled then. Yoda will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookiees on Kashyyyk. My the Force be with is all." Windu said.

After the council meeting Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luna left the Council Chambers.

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Anakin said sounding upset as they walked in sync down the stairs.  "Put me and Luna on the council and make us a master? It's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting."

As they continued walking Obi-Wan looked over to Luna then looked back to see where he was going.

"Oh, calm down, Anakin. You have been given a great honor." Obi-Wan stated stopping Anakin rambling. "To be on the council at both of your age it's never happened before. The fact of the matter ks you are too close to the chancellor." Obi-Wan continued as they stopped walking. "The fact if the matter is you are too close to the chancellor. The council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs."

"I swear to you, I didn't ask to be out in the council."

"But it's what you wanted. Your friendship with Chancellor Paplatine seems to have paid off." Obi-Wan continued then started walking again then grabbing Luna's hand.

"That has nothing to do with this." Anakin rambled then walked with Luna and Obi-Wan.

"The only reason the council has approved your appointment.. is because the chancellor trusts you."

"And?"

"Anakin, I am on your side." Obi-Wan said walking just a bit quicker. "I didn't want to put you in this situation."

"What situation?" Anakin stopped and crossed his arms.

Obi-Wan turned back towards Anakin then looking down.

"The council wants you to report on all the chancellor's dealings." Obi-Wan responded walking closer to the left side of the hallway with Luna with him. "They want to know what he's up to."

Some moments of silence and Obi-Wan guided Luna to the window and Anakin following them.

"They want me to spy on the chancellor? But that's treason."

"We are at war, Anakin."

"Why didn't the council give me this assignment when we were in session?"

"This assignment is not to be on record."

"The chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here."

"That is why you must help us. Anakin, our allegiance is to the senate, not to its leader. Who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired."

"The senate demanded that he stay longer."

"Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin. Something is out of place."

Anakin  sighed moving closer to the window.

"You're asking me to do something against the Jedi code, against the Republic, against a mentor and a friend. That's what's out of place here. Why are you asking this of me?"

'The council is asking you."

                                 ♡

A little after their talk with Anakin they went with Master Windu and Master Yoda.
To drop Yoda off  at the place where all ships are located flying on a gunship.

"Anakin did not take his new assignment with much enthusiasm." Obi-Wan said.

"It's very dangerous, putting them together. Master Windu spoke. "I don't think the boy cam handle it. I don't trust him."

"With all due respect, Master, is he not the chosen one? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force? Is Luna the Chosen one?"

"So the prophecy says."

"A prophecy that misread could have been." Yoda stated. "Chosen one either siblings could be."

Obi-Wan looked down then back up to Yoda. "He will not let me down. He never has."

"I hope right you are."