Chapter 11: Attack of The Clones

10 year later

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luna were on a elevator going up to Senator Padmé's large apartment. Obi-Wan was standing patiently with his hands over one another. Anakin on the other hand was messing with his black cloak making it look nice.

"You seem a little on edge." Obi-Wan said looking over to Anakin.

"Not at all." Anakin responded.

"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks."

"You fell into that nightmare, Master, Luna an I rescued you, remember?"

"Oh... yes." Obi-Wan chuckled. "You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath."

"I haven't seen her in ten years, Master."

"Oh, Anakin. You'll be just fine." Luna commented.

The elevator stopped moving, the doors opened wide. On the other side there was Jar Jar.

"Obi? Obi!" Jar Jar said excited running over to him giving Obi-Wan a handshake. "Mesa so smilen to seeing yousa!"

"Good to see you again, Jar Jar." Obi-Wan spoke.

"Senator Padmé. Mesa palos here! Lookie, lookie, Senator." Jar Jar said bringing us into the living room. "Desa Jedi arriven."

"It's a great pleasure to see you again, milady." Obi-Wan greeted as Padmé came over to them with a smile on her face.

"It has been far too long, Master Kenobi." Padmé spoke shaking Obi-Wan's hand.

"Hello, Senator." Luna spoke walking beside Obi-Wan for Padmé to see her.

"Hi, Luna." Padmé said giving her a hug. "Ani? My goodness, you've grown." Padmé stated taking her gaze towards Anakin.

"So have you. Grown more beautiful, I mean. Well, f-for a Senator, I mean." Anakin nervously said.

"Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine." Padmé said them walking away to her couch.

"Very smooth." Luna whispered very sarcastically in Anakin's ear.

"Our presence here will be invisible, milady I can assure you." Obi-Wan stated walking t the other couch on the other side of Padmé. With Anakin an Luna following.

"I'm captain Typho of Her Majesty's security service." A man spoke that was standing between the couches. "Queen Jamillia has been informed of your assignment. I am grateful that you are here, Master Kenobi. The more dangerous than the Senator will admit."

"I don't need more security. I need answers. I want know who's trying to kill me." Padmé spoke.

"We are here to protect, you, Senator, not to start an investigation." Obi-Wan said.

"We will find out who's trying to kill you, Padmé." Anakin said completely ignoring what Obi-Wan said. "I promise you."

"Anakin, did you not just hear what, Master just said." Luna said whipping her head towards Anakin.

"We will not exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner. An your sister is right." Obi-Wan stated.

"I meant that in the interest of protecting her, Master. Of course." Anakin argued back.

"We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin, and you will pay attention to my lead."

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why else do you think we were assigned to her if not find the killer? Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. It's overkill, Master. Investigation is implied in our mandate."

"We will do exactly as the council has instructed.. And you will learn you place, like Luna has, young one."

"Perhaps with merely your presence.. the mystery surrounding this threat will be revealed. Now if you excuse me, I will retire." Padmé said the standing up heading to her bedroom.

"I know I'll feel better having you here." Typo began to speak. "I'll have an officer stationed on every floor, and I'll be in the control room downstairs."

"Mesa busten wit happiness seein yousa agian, Ani and Luna."

"She hardly even recognized me, Jar Jar. I've thought about her everyday since we parted, and.. she's forgotten me completely."

Luna rolled her eyes at her brother as he was being over dramatic.

"Shesa happy. Happier den mesa seein her in a longo time."

"You're focusing on the negative, Anakin." Obi-Wan said walking up to us. "Be mindful of your thoughts. She was pleased to see us. Now, let's check the security."