Chapter 12

Later that day Anakin and Luna were upstairs chilling as Obi-Wan was downstairs checking the security.

"Anakin, what was that all about earlier?" Luna questioned.

"What was what all about?"

"You know what. When you were arguing with Obi-Wan."

"I don't know, I wish he would just listen to me more often."

"Ani-"

"No, you don't know how it feels to be constantly lectured."

"Anakin, just calm down. If you just listen to Obi-Wan maybe you wouldn't be lectured constantly." Luna sighed. "I know Obi-Wan doesn't show it but he does generally care about you."

"Sure."

"He does."

After sometime Obi-Wan came upstairs taking off his cloak on throwing it on the back of the couch.

"Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs." Obi-Wan spoke. "No assassin would try that way. Any activity up here?"

"Quiet as a tomb." Anakin replied. "I don't like waiting for something to happen to her."

"What's going on?" Obi-Wan questioned turning on a datapad that was connected to the security cameras in Padmé's bedroom.

"Ahh, she covered the cameras.I don't think she liked me watching her."

"Well yeah, that's really creepy, Anakin." Luna commented.

"What is she thinking?" Obi-Wan said putting down the device.

"She programmed R2 to warn us if there is an intruder."

"There are many other ways to kill a Senator."

"I know, but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we, Master?"

"You're using her as bait." Obi-Wan said crossing his arms slowly walking to Anakin.

"It was her idea. Don't worry. No harm will come to her. I can sense everything going on in that room. Trust me."

"As can I." Luna stated from the balcony.

"It's too risky. Besides, your senses aren't that attuned, my young appearances." Obi-Wan stated.

"And yours are?" Anakin questioned.

"Possibly."

Anakin joined Luna on the balcony, while Obi-Wan was in the door frame if the apartment.

"You look tired." Obi-Wan stated talking to Anakin.

"I don't sleep well anymore." Anakin replied.

"Because of your mother?"

Anakin nodded yes to Obi-Wan's questions.

"I don't know why I keep dreaming about her."

"Dreams pass in time." Obi-Wan stated walking closer to Luna and Anakin.

"I'd much rather dream about Padmé." Anakin said walking away from the balcony.
"Just being around her again is... intoxicating."

"Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin. They betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi order a commitment not easily broken." Obi-Wan went on following Anakin. "And don't forget she's a politician, and they're not to be trusted."

"She's not like the other's in the senate, Master."

"It is my experience that Senator's.. focus only on pleasing those who fund their campaigns, and they're in no means scared of forgetting the niceties of democracy. On order to get those funds."