Chapter 14

The next morning Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Luna were in the center on the Council chambers.

"Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan." Yoda spoke.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Master Windu stated.

"What about Senator Amidala?" Obi-Wan questioned. "She will still need protecting."

"Handle that your youngest Padawan will." Yoda said.

"Anakin, escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo." Mace Windu stated.
"She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees."

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult.. to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital." Anakin sated.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect. Hmm." Yoda said.

"Anakin, go to the senate.. and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter." Windu spoke once more.

The three of them bowed to the council then left the room.

After a while Luna, Master Yoda, Master Windu, and Master Kenobi were taking a stroll around the Jedi Temple discussing the mission.

"I am concerned for my other Padawan." Obi-Wan began to speak. "He is not ready to be given this assignment in his own yet."

"The council is confident in its decision, Obi-Wan." Yoda stated.

"The boy has exceptional skills." Windu said.

"But he still has much to learn, Master." Obi-Wan commented. "His abilities have made him, well, arrogant."

"Yes, yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

"Remember, Obi-Wan,  if the prophecy is true, one of your apprentices will be the only ones who can bring the Force back onto balance." 

                            ♡

A ship landed that Anakin, Luna, Obi-Wan, Padmé and some of her friends were on the ship with them.

"Be safe, milady." Tyho said as the ship landed.

"Thank you, Captain." Padmé thanked walking over to the door. "Take good care if Dorme. The threats on you two now."

"He'll be safe with me." Tha lady said then starting to cry a little.

"You'll be fine."

"It's not me, milady.  I worry about you. What if they realize you've left the capital?"

"Well, then my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is." Padmé said looking at Anakin then back at Dorme.

"Anakin." Obi-Wan said getting Anakin's attention. "Don't do anything without first consulting either myself or the council."

"Yes, Master." Anakin said nodding his head.

"We'll get to the bottom if this plot quickly, milady." Obi-Wan said grabbing Luna's hand walking by Padmé. "You'll be back here in no time."

"I'll be most grateful for your speed, Master Jedi." Padmé said.

"It's time to go." Anakin stated walking out the ship.

"I know."

"Anakin, May the Force be with you." Obi-Wan said.

"May the Force be with you, Master and Luna."

"You too, Anakin." Luna said.

Anakin and Padmé grabbed their stuff an left with R2 with them.

"Don't do anything dumb, Anakin!" Luna shouted as they continued walked off.

"I do hope he doesn't try anything foolish." Obi-Wan said.

"I'd be more concerned about her doing something than him." Tyho stated looking over to Obi-Wan.

After sometime Obi-Wan and Luna were walking in sync with their hands locked with one others towards a diner.

"Why, are we going to a diner?" Luna questioned.  "Aren't we supposed to be on a mission?"

"Yes we are." Obi-Wan answered. "I have an old friend that I believe that could help us out."

As they entered the diner a droid saw us an shouted at someone in the kitchen at the back of the small diner.

"Someone to see ya, honey!" The droid said. "Jedi, by the looks of them."

"Obi-Wan!" A big guys in the kitchen said surprised.

"Hello, Dex." Obi-Wan smiled.

"Take a seat. I'll be right with ya."

Obi-Wan guided Luna as they went over to a booth.

"You wanna cup o' jawa juice?" The droid questioned.

"Oh, yes. Thank you."
Obi-Wan let go of Luna's hand letting her sit first, Obi-Wan then sat down only then to get up again an hig his old friend.

"Hey, old buddy!"

Luna smiled as she's never seen Obi-Wan so happy before. Obi-Wan usually smiled here an there, but seeing his friend again must make him feel happy for once.

"So, who's this young lady you have with you, Obi-Wan?" Dex questioned.

"This is my oldest Padawan, Luna."

"Hello." Luna greeted then shaking one of Dex's hands.

"Nice to finally meet one of Obi-Wan's Padawans." Dex said then letting go of Luna's hand. "So, my friend,  what can I do for ya?" Dex questioned Obi-Wan.

"You can tell me what this is." Obi-Wan said lifting up the toxic dart that was shot into the assassins next, then put it on the table.

"Well, whattaya know! I ain't seen one of these since I was prospectin' on Subterrel beyond the outer rim."

"Can you tell me where it cam from? Thank you." Obi-Wan said the thanked the droid that brought all of their drinks.

"This baby belongs to them cloners. What you got here is a Kamino saberdart."

"I wonder why it didn't show up in the analysis archives?"

"It's these funny little cuts on the side that give it away. Those analysts droids only focus on symbols. Huh! I should think that you Jedi would have more respect.. for the difference between knowledge and.. wisdom."

"Well, if droids could think, there'd be none of us here, would there?"

"Kamino, I'm not familiar with if. Is it in the Republic?" Luna questioned.

"No, no. It's beyond the outer rim. I'd say about, uh, 12 parsecs... outside the Rishi Maze. Should be easy to find, even for those droids in your archives. These, uh, Kaminoans keep to themselves. They're cloners. Damn good ones too.

"Clones are they friendly?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Oh, depends."

"Depends on what, Dex?"

"On how good your manners are.. and how big your, uh, pocketbook is." Dex said then chuckling a little.

"Hello there!"

"I've been meaning to update this chapter but I kept forgetting."

"Also so sorry if there are so many typos, in this chapter. Lately I haven't been able to spell lol."

"Anyways hope your enjoying this fanfic."❤