Chapter 45 Christmas Eve

Bliss
I put on my wine color lipstick, which matches my wine color turtle neck that has a cut out flower on top of it . I have a black short skirt and black stockings . My hair is curly and it looks super cute but it don't matter because I am not seeing anyone but my family and they don't care if I am my pjs .
But it is Christmas Eve and I want everyone to have a merry Christmas. So I am getting dressed up like I always do and I will put on a smile even though my heart is breaking .
It only been a few days since me and Jax broke up .
I tell myself that it is for the best that we are too different.
But the real reason we are not together is because Jax wants to be like Froster Finley.

I can't even imagine him being like him , I could a little before , but now that I actually know Jax , I just can't .

My phone rings it is another call from Jax .

He has called and texts non stop .
I have not answered him .
It would be simpler to block him but I can't bring myself to do that .

I take a deep breath and go to join my family in the dinning room .

        " Merry Christmas Eve " I announce in a cherry voice
I know am being a little fake I just don't want to ruin no one's Christmas.

        All my family tell me merry Christmas.

The door bell dings .

             " Who is that " I ask
My father walks to answer the door .

   Who could that be I wonder .

             " Your sister invited a few people over " my mother tells me

Could my sister have a boy friend .
Or could she have some friends .

It makes me so happy because I want my sister to be happy .

      When the guest walk into the dinning room , I am shocked .

             " Hey merry Christmas " Alex's mother says
Alex's mother is so sweet but I am so shocked but I can't bring myself to say it back to her ,hopefully she won't notice I really don't think she did because everyone else did answer her .

I am trying to wrap my head around why my sister would invite Alex and his parents over .

Alex walks over and gets close to me .
           " So I hope it is ok I am here " he says into my ear
I shake my head yes but I can't bring myself to say yes .

I grab my sister by the arm and drag her into the kitchen.

                   " How dare you " I say not loud but I know she can tell I am mad

                   " what " she says and pretends like she don't know

            " You invite my ex and his family to our Christmas , wow Daphne why just tell me why " I say with sassy

         " because y'all was so good together and since you. Broke up with quarterback boy you are free so " she says

          " I just broke up with him so I am not just going to move on so quickly ." I say her sternly

"Trust me you will thank me some day especially when you are back when who are meant to be with " She tells me and she walks back into the dining room .

I stand there thinking my sister thinks I am meant to be with Alex but I don't want to be . In a perfect world I would be with who I wanted and I wouldn't be worried about being hurt .

I Gather up strength and decide to go in and not mess up any one's Christmas even though I do feel upset .

I know Alex and his family for a very long time and I do care about all of them .