8.1 | The Cats Strike Back

Kanan's POV

    Kid's been taking too long. I have a feeling he's either feeling bad and in the 'fresher or somewhere else. At least The Phantom's semi clean. I should probably check on him. Sighing, I stood up and headed to the direction of the refresher. I stopped when I saw Ezra meditating in the middle of the hallway. I wanted to yell at him for not cooperating with his punishment but at the same time praise him for meditating without me forcing him to.

- "Kanan!"

   I was surprised that he yelled my name but I understood as soon as an army of loth-cats sprang into action. The furballs came charging towards me from all directions. I couldn't really escape.

- "Ezra!" I yelled over the furries.

- "See Kanan? I am suited to be a Jedi!" He said while holding a hand on his chest.

- "This isn't what Jedi d–"

   Even while being swarmed by cats, I could still hear Ezra laughing.

- "Ezra!" I yelled again, "I swear if Hera catches you–"

   The army suddenly retracted and rushed out the door towards the plains.

- "I'm adding one more week inside The Ghost." I said grumply

- "Com'n Kanan! I just wanted to have fun!" Ezra said while waving his hands defensively.

- "Lucky I'm not Hera."

- "Heh"

   I walked with my apprentice back to The Phantom and sat down again.

- "This time can we talk?" Ezra said while cleaning the walls.

- "Sure." I responded.

- "So..?"

- "Let's talk about ancient Jedi history." I said with a huge smile on my face.

- "Noooo!"