6 | Stress

Takes place between s3 and s4.

Ezra's POV

    I just left from the briefing room with Hera. Commander Sato had been explaining new objectives for the rebellion, and there where a lot. These last days just seemed to stressing. More missions, prison breaks, orbital lockdowns... it was all too much to remember, the Empire's grip is closing in on everybody. I just feel like I need a break or else I'll have some kind of mental breakdown.

- "Ezra." Said a voice from behind.

    If I wasn't having too many things on my mind right now, I'd probably have already guessed who it was, but instead I have to turn around, just to reveal Sabine. The mandalorian had a water of bottle in her left hand.

- "I feel like you've been under too much stress these days." She said softly, "Hera told me to give you this. Stay hydrated."

    She handed me a water bottle. How nice of Hera. I waved a goodbye to her. I knew Sabine always had my back, but sadly she cared about me as a brother not as a... nevermind. I immediately ran to my room. I didn't feel like talking to anybody else about it. So instead I took out my journal. My journal had recently become one of my best solutions to stress for these few past days. I had been using it more often ever since... Malachor...

My journal had been given to me on my fifth birthday, I even recall having asking my parents about it. I was so clueless on how dangerous and cruel the Empire could actually be, of course, I did have an idea, or else my parents wouldn't have broadcasted messages.

- "It's to write secrets and feelings down, Ezzy."

The voice of my father rang through my head. It felt like if he was there. I stopped when I put one of my hands on my cheek. Fresh tears where streaming down. I wiped them with my spare hand and began my journal entry.

    Hello. I wrote with a shaky hand. I haven't felt so good for the last couple if days and I can't remember when was the last time I actually smiled.

Headaches are getting worse, they have been more frequent and more painful than last time. How will I keep up like this? I can't stop working, because I know that there are people out there depending on us.

I felt too tired to write the date, and feel asleep with my journal on my face.

Yay.

- Aqua