Prologue

Hey guys, here's my new story. I hope I don't screw this up. I've high expectations that you'll love this story even though my writing is really bad.

Chapter one: Prologue

"Elia Lillian Salvatore, where are you going?" Elia hears her aunt's aggro voice coming behind her. She sticks out her tongue after getting caught by her aunt. She turns back and drops her hood off the head. Her aunt standing with her arms crossed and giving her a death glare.

"Lex, I was just... I was just..." Elia mumbles. "You're just what?" She asks walking towards her. "Never mind" Elia says out of frustration as she throws her backpack on her bed and jumps.

"El, baby. It's not safe" her aunt says as she sits on the bed stroking the back of her hair. Elia already brings a pillow under her face and buries deeply. "I'm 16, Lex. 16. Why am I not allowed to go anywhere? This is my home but I'm living like a hostage" she says sadly. Lexi pouts. "You're not a hostage, here. Sweetie, this is your home. Why are you feeling like that?" Lexi says holding her arm to make her sit up.

Elia looks at her sadly "I'm normal but I don't feel normal. It's just... I do wanna do what a teenage girl should do but still I'm not allowed to any of it" Elia says as her eyes fall down.

Lexi smiles softly as she moves Elia's hair out of her face and then strokes her cheek to make her look in the eye.

"Partying midnight, kissing boys, getting drunk?" She asks chuckling. Elia rolls her eyes. "I hate you" she squints her eyes then laughs out. Lexi brings her close to her chest. Elia holds her tightly. "Why am I not allowed to go anywhere, Lex?" Elia mumbles against Lexi's chest.

She holds her more tightly "Your parents are ass to be honest. But this is for your best" Lexi sighs out. They stay wrapped into each other's arms for few minutes and they let go of each other.

Lexi brings a blanket and covers a sleepy Elia up on the bed. She kisses her in the forehead and leaves. After two minutes Elia opens her eyes when she's sure Lexi is gone so she gets up and opens her drawer for her diary.

She writes everything whatever she feels in her diary just like her mother used to did when she was around her age. Elia taps her pen and sticks it into her mouth.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lexi unlocks her phone after getting a massage from her husband. She smiles. "I miss you too" she texts back. "Anyways, Elia is upset. Do you have any way to contact Elena or Stefan?" Lexi sends the text and waits for the response. He texts back "I have no idea where Stefan is but I've met Elena few days ago. She was okay. I'll be in touch whenever I can. Take care of Elia. And I love you" He replies in hurry.

Lexi smiles as she replies "I love you to Mr. Damon Salvatore."

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Dear diary, tonight I get caught by my aunt. I made this plan for weeks but still I failed. My friends are partying, getting drunk and kissing making out while I'm being vulnerable, sad and rolling on the bed. Why can I have a normal life like others. My mother isn't here. I've barely seen my father. My uncle is out and I'm left with my aunt. I'm pretty sure she'd have gotten rid of me but for some reason she can't. I don't get normal Thanksgiving or Christmas like the others. My absentee parents usually sent me gifts and stuffs. I wish to have a normal fun memorable teenagehood. I can't say all this to my aunt either. She's doing a lot for me. I can't be more burden to the shoulder.

I'll write you again." Elia says as she closes her diary. As she lazily gets up, she winces in shock and let out a long gasp.

She holds onto her chest as she breaths in and out. When she finally recovers from the situation "Mom?" she yells.

There's a shadow person standing in front of her wearing a tight black jeans and leather jacket attached to her body, scarf wrapped on the neck and a cap on the head as if she just came out of a mission or something.

Coming out of the darkness into the light she smirks at her daughter "Hello, sweetie."

Okay, that's it for today. Muahhhhhh😚😚😚