|47| happily ever after

~•~

~•~

Nikolai had required a stroller for Eva to put her twins in so she can push them around instead of carrying them around. She saw Nina with a horse and figured she'd talk to her. Check on her, show her the boys.

"Hello." Eva greeted. Nina smiled and waved. She looked down and noticed the stroller.

"Oh my. Are these the boys?"

"Mhm." Eva smiled brightly. "This is Billy and Tommy."

"They're the sweetest. Adorable."

Eva hummed. "You might be a Saint now. Bringing someone back from the dead."

"I wish I could take credit. Wasn't me." Nina said as she rubbed the horse's snout. "She's the real Saint." She motioned to Alina who was speaking to Nikolai.

"I fear that once the world stops looking at her with gratitude they'll start to wonder if she's outstayed her welcome."

"She may be the only person besides you I've met who is both the two most dangerous types in the world." Nina said booping Billy's nose.

"And which two are those?" Eva asked intrigued.

Nina took a handful of feed and held her hand by the horse's mouth. "Those defending their happily ever after." Which meant Jesper and Wylan of course and Nadia and Tamar of course. "And those who don't know how to run their way to one." Nina said, looking at Kaz then back to Eva. Then back to Kaz. Then back to Eva.

"It would never work out." Eva sighed as she pulled up the blanket over the two boys' arms. "However, it sounds like someone else I know."

Nina knew what she meant. "I can make peace with this place. I'm not giving up on my happily ever after. I'll claw my way to one. If he'll let me." Again, the woman hekd her hand out with food for the horse.

Eva turned her head to look at Kaz who sat in the shade, his bad leg stretched out. He fiddled with his cane. She looked away after a few beats of silence. "Let me help you. I'm sure I could get you into Hellgate. Hopefully. Nikolai being the new king, he probably would be the best bet."

"