|15| one of us

~•~

~•~

Inej was walking around the halls in the place the group has been hiding in when she heard a stifled sob. "Princess Eva?" She knocks on the door. "Can l come in?" She didn't hear an answer but she walked in anyway.

When she did she saw the woman she had grown fond of on her bed clutching a baby rattle? "What is that-"

"I miss them." The princess sobbed. "I miss them so very much. But I couldn't take them with me! It's too dangerous..."

That's when the Suli woman understood. She's talking about her children. She sat next to the mother and hugged her.

"I just- I'll never see them again. I was hoping I could be with them. Or at least they'd have their father if I were to ever go. But Aleskander would never take care of them with out me there. Genya has too much going on as well. Me going off with you guys, they're babies they wouldn't be able to anything but hold me back. And saints, I love them. But I've grown to love you lot. Even Kaz."

Jesper walked by and noticed the girls having their embrace. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked softly.

Eva wiped her tears and sniffled. "Just thinking about what I left behind."

He hummed and sat on the other side of her. "My mother had died before I met Kaz and Inej. I left her too. I told her on her deathbed I'd stay there. But i didn't."

Evangeline looked to him with her mouth slightly ajar. She looked down, feeling sorry for him. "I left my kids."

Jesper looked at her sadly. He then joined in on the hug. Inej held on tighter and closer. Evangeline chuckled with sadness as she hugged them back.

"Thanks for being here you guys."

"Of course." Jesper told her. "You're one of us now."

-~•🥀•~-

Kaz was sat at a big chair in the lounge when he heard clicking of heels. He spared a glance Ik and saw Evangeline stalking to him. "What is it you want?" He asked without looking at her as he looked back down to his work.

"I want to ask if there is anyway we can fix it."

"Fix what?"

"Us. I believe we go or at the wrong foot or something because you seem to hate me." She made clear.

"I hate everyone equally. No feelings." He again didn't look to her as he spoke.

"Well then. I'd like to change that." Her smile softened as she looked at his face, still stone cold.

"You're one of us. What else do you want?"

Sighing she turned around. Before she left she said, "I guess I just wanted confirmation."

"