|31| suffering

~•~

~•~

Back in the cemetery, Kaz stood against a wall with a flask of liquor in his hand. He took a swig, feeling the liquid roll down this throat. The door opened and in came Jesper and Wylan.

"The dregs have opted to join us." Kaz said, not even greeting the two.

"More like threatened them." Evangeline mumbled. Kaz jumped out of his skin.

"I forgot you were here."

Eva giggled. "Yeah... I tend to do that."

"Well?" Kaz looked back to the two men.

"Yeah you were right. Not a glass factory. It was just a country estate." Jesper answered.

"Was the boy there? What's his name?"

Eva saw Wylan's eyes fill with worry. She went into his mind to she's a flashback of when he and Jesper decided he wouldn't tell Brekker about the young Rollins boy.

"Don't pretend otherwise." Kaz warned Jasper. "He renamed the Crow Club the Kaelish prince. And Pekka would never see himself as anything other than a king. So... what. Is. The. Boys. Name?"

He and Jesper had a stare down. Eventually, Jesper cowered and told him the name. "Alby." Wylan stared in betrayal and disbelief. "Alby Rollins."

Kaz immediately limped off.

"You promised." Wylan's broken voice told Jesper. "He- he promised." He then said to Eva. He followed after Kaz. "What are you going to do with him?!"

"Kaz," Jesper then called out. "He's just a kid!"

"So was I." He whispered.

Eva slowly walked in. "Kaz. He's a child. He has nothing to do with his father's wronging's. You can't blame him. Leave him alone." She gently tried.

Wylan now inched in as well. "Kaz. Kaz? Alby Rollins can't help who his father is. And you- you can't punish him for that."

Kaz glared at the two after slowly rolling his head to the side.

"We won't help with that." Wylan pointed between himself and Eva.

"You won't have to touch a hair on his head." Kaz sneered. "But you are going to help me blow up everything Pekka holds dear."

"You said no more explosions."

"Not that kind." He peered down at his gloved hands. "I finally found a weapon to end all of this."

Eva speed walked to the table the two boys were stood around. "What weapon?" She urgently asked.

Kaz evilly smirked. "Suffering."

"