|29| piano

~•~

~•~

"Inej?" Kaz called out. He was walking down to where she had been resting.

"She's not here." Evangeline stated, cleaning her hands with a cloth. She motioned to the open window. "As I was getting redressed she must have opened the window and crawled out. I can only hope she's okay."

"Why'd you let her leave?" He asked.

"Did you not hear anything I just said?" Eva spun around. "She's a Wraith. Quiet as a mouse. How was I supposed to know."

"You're job was to watch her." Kaz snapped, looking away from the open window.

"I. Was. Getting. Dressed. Get that through your thick skull. Saints."

-~•🥀•~-

Eva ended up just finding Wylan and Jesper. She couldn't deal with Kaz at the moment.

The three stood in front a black gate that stood around a mansion. "Does that look like a glass factory to you?" Asked Jesper.

"Well. We have our answer then." Wylan sighed out from besides Jesper. Evangeline stood on the other side of Jesper. "There's no glass factory is Appelbroek. So we tell Kaz that Pekka's been laundering money from his country estate."

"Question is, what are those guards guarding?" Jesper smirked as he watched some men working on the lawn.

Wylan softy scoffed. You're gonna make us go in there. Aren't you?"

Jesper shrugged and smiled. "Breaking in is the best part."

Wylan pursed his lips and nodded defeatedly. Eva patted him in the shoulder and followed the tall man in a top hat.

"There! A window." Eva pointed. She stalked over to it and wiggled her fingers. Red mist flowed out of her hands, under the window opening it. "Jesper you first."

"Gladly." He hopped through the now open window carefully and helped Wylan in. Eva then climbed in next with the help of Wylan.

The three jogged past an opening, walked through the halls, and event made it to a piano room.

"I'd still like to know why you didn't tell me." Jesper said, snooping around.

"Tell you what?" Wylan asked as he shifted through some music notes. Eva tiptoed around to see a shiny ivory key stuck.

"That we'd met before." Jes clarified.

"You didn't remember me." Wylan let out a breath as he too noticed the key now.

Jesper looked at the boy. "In my defense, it was dark. And... when i woke up, you were gone."

A door behind them opened. Eva and Wylan gasped and looked to where the noise came from. Jesper spun around alarmed. The two men walked up to the door.